post natal depression

daninewry
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:55 pm 
Post subject: post natal depression
how did you feel when you had it? i had it with my son last year. did you feel resentment towards your baby? when did it go away? was it ok with the next baby? xx
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
i guess i did feel resentfull at times that i thought this baby would bring me so much happiness and all i felt was like i was swimming through mud underwater -i knew there was a sun in the sky but i couldnt get above the mud
i wanted to run away leave my baby with hubby and just go back to my old life in the town i had lived in whilst doing my training, coz i thought she deserved better than a mother like me
my mother in law asked what was on my insurance line and i said PND -she said 'rubbish ,you dont have PND .i knew woman who had it and she couldnt even pick her baby up'
well i was the opposite i couldnt let her out my sight coz i had to protect her from ???i dont know everything-i was awake nearly 24hours of day and night coz convinced if i fell asleeo she would die
after what MIL said though i thought no one would beleive me so kept it to myself
did however get great support from healthcare folk
good luck and im sending you good karma
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
yes did get it with no. 2 but my healthcare team were on the ball from the start -so it wasnt as severe or long lasting
oh and i breastfed both babies whilst taking antidepressants
both my daughters are fine
best wishes Very Happy

Jump to:  

Community

Popular