Time for bed???

Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:07 pm 
Post subject: Time for bed???
just wondered wot time you put yr little ones to bed...my little boy is 1yr now(well friday)he has two sleeps in the day still he gets up about 6/7....sleep from 9ish to 1030 in morn.....afternoon 330 to 5ish....bed time well i cant get him in bed b4 930 as hes just not tired..he kicks up a fuss n will not settle...so i wait as late as poss so hes tired n will go off quicker....i cant stop the afternoon sleep as he get grizzly(plus its handy when getting the tea lol)..any suggestions...dunno when the last time i sat down in the evening 2 watch tv Laughing
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi mumof3!

Although my son is younger, 8 months he has 1 sleep in the day, he used 2 have 2 but it got to night time and he wouldnt sleep till 9oclock.

I put him to bed at 7.30pm / 80clock and he sleeps through till between 7 and 7.30am. He usually has a sleep just before lunch time or just after his lunch but only for around an hour.

I then bath him around 6.30 / 7ish to tire him out and he usually goes straight 2 sleep when I put him in his cot.

Have u tried shortening his nap times in the day or giving him a long bath before bedtime to make him more tired? xx
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:30 pm 
Post subject:
yeah i think i will hav to shorten his naps, just dont like waking him when hes peaceful lol...hes asleep now...but will hav to wake him soon as it'l b another late night for us Smile
Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
hes just woke...will see how late hes up to night...will give him an extra long bath lol x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:55 pm 
Post subject:
my daughter is older she is over 1 and half now.

she goes to bed between 6:30 and 7:30 and sleeps anywhere through to 6-8 in morning and has 1 sleep during the day.

so cant complain really but hate getting up at 6 in the morning.

Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:10 pm 
Post subject:
wow LauraG that sounds really good....so u hav time for yourself in the evenings.... i hate getting up early...gonna b even worse when the winter comes... perhaps then they'l sleep longer wot with the darker mornings Smile
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:47 am 
Post subject:
yep have all night to ourselves.

yer in winter she used to always sleep through till 8am but with the light mornings its always earlier now. she woke at 7:30 this morning so not bad.

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:29 am 
Post subject:
Isaac goes to bed at 7pm and up at 8am every day - he generally has between 2 and 4 naps every day, of about 30mins each - max 40mins. Its lovely getting our evenings and undisturbed nights, but hubby (househubby Very Happy)gets up befoire Isaac every day to get the housework done, cos he can't get it done during his naps in the day - so long daytime naps shouldn't be sniffed at necessarily!! Very Happy
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
well last nite he went off about 915,(one of those nights when he went off with no trouble)....was awake at 445(no way was i gettin up then lol)so bought him in our bed he went straight back off till 815, had to rush around to do the school run, but was lovely to hav a bit of a lay in Laughing woopee x
Lucymama
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
I'm new, I hope you don't mind me replying.
I think you need to push the morning nap back gradually, so in a week or 2 he'll be less needy of the afternoon nap. My daughter slept napped about 10:30 to 12 which meant she didn't need an afternoon nap, but lately, she's got grumpy about 3pm so i've moved it back again.
My daughter turns into a monster from about 4.30pm until her bedtime at 7pm but I just save all her favourite toys until then and use Cbeebies to my advantage (as TV is off all day).
Most of my friends children have a difficult last couple of hours.

I really think stopping the afternoon nap will help, it might be hard for a week or 2 while he settles into it but he should then go to bed earlier and nap later in the morning

Kelly xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular