attention seeking baby

ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:02 am 
Post subject: attention seeking baby
My son is now 4months old and within the last 2 weeks he as become a little horror. He doesnt really understand toys yet and gets bored so easily.
I cant do anything without him being rite next to me cos as soon as i leave the room he screams. He has to come in the bathroom with me when i shower, in the kitchen when im cooking and in the bedroom when im getting ready each morning.
He goes through stages of crying for hours at a time and as far as im aware there is nothing wrong, he can be fed, changed and not tired, he has not got colic, but still cries because I am not playing or giving him attention.
It becomes very frustrating because I seem to spend all day trying to entertain him and I am completely shattered!!!!!!
Has anyone else had anything similar, will he grow out of this as he gets older???
polishchick18
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:31 pm 
Post subject: Need for constant attention
I have had the same problem with my daughter Maya since just after she was born. I can't do anything around the house (cook, shower, go to the bathroom, change, eat) unless she is on my arm.
She is 2 months old now and it seems to be getting worse. I also have to spend the entire day trying to entertain her and even when I do she constantly fidgets and gets bored very easily. There are days when I don't even eat until my fiancee comes home in the evening and I struggle to do anything, even to prepare her formula.
If I were to leave her for a second she cries bloody murder for no apparent reason even if she's been changed, fed, given gripe water to soothe her tummy or her pacifier.
I really hope that this one day gets better because I am seriously discouraged from having any more children and I'm at the end of my rope.
If anyone could suggest anything that would be great!
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:49 am 
Post subject:
I have spoken to my health visitor about this problem and all she could say is that it seems I have a 'High Maintenance baby!' and that he should grow out of this as he gets older..... I hope he does as its becomming a pain. Shopping with my b.f at the wend was a nightmare, as he wouldnt sit in his buggy, he had 2 b carried around.......
Twisted Evil
EnjoyingPregnancy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:16 pm 
Post subject:
awwww readin ur message bort bak horrible memories n a nasty feelin in my tummy my baby is 1.5yrs old nw n i feel she's settled abit nw bt b4 she was jus like ur baby plus i was breastfeedin n she neede me so much. try get ur baby used to somebody else like a family or friend dat can take him off ur hands 4 abit. my baby dint evn stay by my mum. bt since she's strtd wlkin n takin a bottle she's okish she still has her moments. anyway good luck wid ur baby x
EnjoyingPregnancy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:22 pm 
Post subject:
awww!!! read some of the other msgs. u wudnt believe this bt my baby bein naughty made me wna hav anoda 1 2 c if it really is dis bad lol im due in june nw. i fort my baby was like dis coz i breastfed bt i dnt knw i went doctors n he sed jus sit wid her den if dats wt she wants. for 6mnths i dint eat or slp propa coz she wud wake up evry 2hours. wen i gt pregnant it tuk me 3-4 mnths 2 get her on the bottle. i had already tried n given up wen she was 6mnths she wudnt stay in pram or carseat it caused alot of problems wid my husband. BUT TRUS ME HOPEFULLY UR BABIES WILL BCOME MORE SETTLED AFTER DEY START WALKIN ARND N DEY CAN DO WOT DEY WANT N GET LESS BORD.
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:35 pm 
Post subject:
He seems to have settled a bit now.... He is quite used to being with other people, he quite often goes 2 my mum and dads while i go 2 the gym etc and hes very good with his dad. Although he seems to get annoyed and wails like a siren if he is not involved in any conversation thats going on!!!
He sleeps very well at nite usually around 11hrs, so I get a gud amount of sleep but am still Nackered all the time!!!!
Hopefully as he gets older he will become bit easier!!!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular