When to remove coil

yummymummy77
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:26 pm 
Post subject: When to remove coil
Me and my partner are planning to start trying for a baby around June/July time... I have an 8 year old son from a previous relationship and i have just turned 30 last December - i have had my coil in now for 2 years and 3 years before that - i have not had a period (a proper one in years)... This is where i get confused. I'm asking people out there what they think (bit like ask the audience) as i generally don't know my 'dates' of last periods.. should i remove the coil in April/May and give myself time to get back into a natural pattern (ie using condoms for a while) so i can record my period cycle.. or just remove at the start of June and go for it! - is there ever a right time? I'm also very nervous about doing it all over again as my son is now very independent - but also excited at the same time.. would love to meet another mum in my current situation!!! Nicky x
Tasha1985
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:05 am 
Post subject:
Hiya, I'm 22 & I had the coil in from Feb/August 07. It really messed up my periods & my hubby & I have been TTC since Aug. My cycle now ranges between 28-35 days. Apparently ur supposed to remove the coil while on your period & ur fertility should return to normal immediatly. I found this off a website which may help: The IUD Removal Procedure:
An IUD can be removed at anytime during the menstrual cycle. However, studies has shown that it may be a little easier to remove an IUD during menstruation because the cervix is naturally softened at that time.

Generally, expect some of the same initial steps performed during your IUD insertion, such as determining the position of the uterus. Once the IUD strings are located, a qualified professional will remove the IUD by using forceps or clamps to securely grasp the strings and slowly pull out the IUD at a certain angle. The flexible arms of the IUD will fold up as the IUD slides through the opening of the cervix.

I hope this helps and good luck!
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:28 pm 
Post subject:
i also had a coil removed in october but me and hubby started straight away.still not preg but im sure it will happen in good time. im also excited but nervous at the same time cos my youngest is 12! i know its a big age gap and it will be like starting all over again. i even have the odd minute of doubt now and again but for the rest of the time we know we really want to add to our family, and besides, when you hold that little bundle for the 1st time and you get that massive gush of overwhelming love, ill know we have done the right thing! good luck to all Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular