having a second baby....2 bedroom house and timing??

KirstiePickles
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:00 pm 
Post subject: having a second baby....2 bedroom house and timing??
Hi there

I live in a 2 bed terrace, have an 8 month old baby boy and I am starting to think about the second one.

I really don;t think we wil be able to afford to move before at least three years, but I want a second baby before Elliott is three, I am thinking of trying at the end of the year.

How do you manage two children in a two bed house. Elliott was in his own room at 12 weeks for various reasons...but I couldn;t put a second baby in with Elliott, it would disturb him. I am not keen on my children sharing a room, I always had my own room....and also I just wonder if either of them would sleep??!! I would wait til we could move, but that could be a long time, and my husband is keen not to have to big an age gap.

Does anyone have any experiences they could share of how you do it?? I know it sounds daft but it;s just worrying me.

Thank you

Kirstie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
hi ya i also have a 2 bedroom house and preg with my second child i wont be moveing they going to have to share, the bed room is a good size so when the time comes in few years ill make the bed room in to 2 half it down the middle x x
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there!

We have two sons and we live in a 2 bedroomed flat. Like you, i was apprehensive about moving Elliot (youngest, now 10 months) in the bedroom with Evan (eldest, almost 3) as Evan sleeps so well at night from 7pm - 8am.

Elliot hasnt slept through the night at all since he was born really so i definitely didnt want to move them in together too soon but one night i thought sod it, i'll put Elliot in the bedroom, see what happens and since then he has slept all night! If only id done it sooner!!

And to be honest it hasnt been a problem at all, Elliot stirs occasionally but Evan stays asleep and in fact they love sharing a bedroom. when we get up in the morning and Evan is charging about the room playing, his baby bro is watching, dancing and joining in with him standing in his cot. So i wouldnt worry about it, just go for it!

In fact it might not be the newest baby that will cause any problems - a few weeks ago Evan learnt how to undo the baby gates and instead of turning over and going back to sleep when he wakes up, he gets out, goes to the living room, switches on the PC to play games at 4am and helps himself to a banana!! cheeky monkey - im sure he will tire of it as the novelty wears off, so im saying it might be your older one that causes any sleep disturbances and not a new baby! lol! xx
Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
i am pregnant with my second baby and i think it's good for them to share, teaches them early that sharing is good.

my 2 nieces share (4 and 10months) and the older one loves it because she gets to 'look after' her little sister, the younger baby never disturbs the older one from sleep either

NickiNbump
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
We have a 2 bed house and we already have a daughter who is 4 and a baby boy now on the way.
We cant afford to move either atm, my daughter is quite looking forward to sharing her room with her little bro actually! but i'm sure once he arrives the novelty will wear off and we'll have probs too. Chloe's a restless sleeper, so just hoping little man is a gud sleeper when he arrives to sleep thro her still waking every night for a wee or a chat!! lol
We're looking into converting our loft, so the children will have a bedroom each. I'm not sure on costs, as i say we're just looking into it ourselves.
Might be an idea to think on.....?

Nic

dazedmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:07 pm 
Post subject:
i was worried about this too, luke will be 4 a fortnight before annabelle (practising not calling her bean lol) gets here, so i phone the LHA - and according to the latest "logic" children dont need seperate rooms til the oldest is TEN, so the lovely 3 bed house i saw exactly where i wanted to live is a no go as we will get no help towards the rent (we both work shame on us! thats how the man on the phone came across Twisted Evil ) so we're just going to have to manage til i can go back to work full tiime and get a promotion (god willing)

Good luck xx
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:40 am 
Post subject:
There will never be a best time to have another baby - there will always be something you need to do first. So you need to go for it if your only concern is the bedroom space.
My two always shared in our 2 bedroom house - they adapt and won't know any different will they?
Don't wait until eveything is perfect because it never will be!!
Nothing is more important than creating the family you want.
Sue
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
i guess we're all so "they must have everything" that we forget - kids are kids and only know what their own daily life is, if we give them everything now - what will they aspire too?? Ive decided that sharing a room now will make one of them become a gazzillionaire and buy me a nice cottage in my dotage lmao, all they really need is a comfy bed lots of food - big cuddles and to know they are wanted, clothes that fit would help - by by god do they grow fast lol
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:20 pm 
Post subject:
The space is sufficient, you just need to rearrange the furniture. To save more space, you may get folding beds or sofa beds.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular