please sign the petition for post natal illness

littlelotty
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:01 pm 
Post subject: please sign the petition for post natal illness
Dear All

I am a newbie but have been getting support from post natal illness. I have tried to end my life twice. I am now coming out of the black tunnel and have been involved with the national campaign.

We are currently running a petition to submit to No 10 Downing Street requesting many changes in the NHS in order that women and their families get better and faster support than is currently being received.

We are running written petitions up and down the country but are also using an on line petition that if over 200 signatures are received, will be automatically taken to Mr Gordon Brown for consideration.

The link to this on line petition is:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Post-Natal/

Please take the time to visit this link and add your name to the petition, every single signature really does count in helping us make a difference to the lives of tens of thousands of women across the UK.

Thank you so much in advance xx

LittleLotty
becnichs
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi littlelotty,

Welcome to the site. Congratulations about actively doing something so important to support woman suffering with post natal illness. I have just signed the petition - it took only a matter of seconds ladies, so please do it too.

I'm so sorry that you have had such a dark time. I hope things look up for you from now on and I hope the ladies on here can give you some support if you need it.

Best wishes,

Bec x

Doddsy
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
I also suffered with pnd after both my girls and tried to end my life(almost succeeded once)

It is the worst feeling in the world and i got no help til my daughter was 11 months old the 1st time. The second time i knew what it was and got help but the hardest part for any new mum is the feeling that you can't cope and you don't want to admit it. I thought that i would have my daughter taken away from me if i told anyone how i felt.
Anything that can be done to chaneg the way the system is at present is a good thing.
Claire xxxx
littlelotty
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Bec and Claire

So sorry that you have sufferd this illness Claire. It really is the worst thing I have ever been though. I too thought my LO would be taken off me and I am a social worker in child protection. It gives you such irrational thoughts this illness.

Thanks so much ladies for signing the petition really hope others do the same - every signature counts. Also once you have signed you need to reply to the e-mail they send you otherwise your signature will not count - your name will appear on the list.

Thanks so so much for your time - every signature counts.

LittleLotty
xx
PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
I've just added my name to the petition and I'd just like to say it took less than 1 minute to do, so come on ladies PND is something that could unforunately happen to any of us.
Well done Lottie for highlighting this petition to us xx

littlelotty
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
thanks so so much. we need as many signatures as we can get - pass it on yo all your friends and family.

As Pink Princess said PND could happen to anyone - I never thought I would get this and it nearly killed me. I dont know if anyone remembers the lady that walked in to the motoway in front of a lorry two weeks after giving birth to twins this year. I have promised her husband that I will do everything I can to make sure no other mother feels this is the only option.

Please, please I know I am begging !! But we need so many signatures and all of yours count.

Thanks again it means so much,

LittleLotty
xx
lemfloyd
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
SIgned the petion. Also replied which brings the post back to the top. Well done in actively doing something about PND.
x
moonshine
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
hi littlelotty and welcome xx

just signed petition, well done for bringing it to our attention.
i also had pnd after my little boy was born. had been depressed throughout pregnancy and truly thought i was going mad cos he's the best thing that ever happened to me. it was an awful time. hope everything works out for you xx
littlelotty
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:16 am 
Post subject:
Hi Moonshine and Lemfloyd

Thanks so much for replying to the petition - it all counts! Thanks again so much and lets hope many more people sign this petition.

Spread the word!

LittleLotty
xx
fifitot
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:37 pm 
Post subject: hi everyone
hi, im new 2 this, i have just signed the petition, its really great that you are doing this, my son is 2+half year old now,and i suffered wiv pnd realy bad afta i had my son but didnt admit 2 needing help until he was 6 months old becuz i felt a failure as a 1st time mum, i felt i already had let him down due 2 been in hospital from 26wks pregnant due 2 complications, nevermind feeling like i was sinking in to a huge black hole when he was here, i recieved treatment but medication turned me into a zombie so in turn i felt even more of a failure,and have tryed 2 end my life twice becuz i thought he would b better off wivout me in his life, fortunately i was refered to a perinatal psychiatrist, who made me realise that i am a fantastic mum and not a failure, its been a long process but im stil seeing a psychiatrist in adult mental health due 2 the pnd turning in 2 severe depression, but im off all medication thankgod, but through the 2+half years ive met ppl who dnt recieve the support i have, and there familys unable 2 cope, luckily my husband 2 b on 23rd aug has stuck by me,but it has been very hard for him,with no support, and i do urge all women, who have been through pnd or know some1 or havent 2 sign up,
daninewry
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:50 pm 
Post subject: PNI
congratulations on the petition, i suffered pni after having my son last year and it felt like i was a criminal when it was disclosed so hopefully with the help of this petition things will change for the better. xx
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All

Thanks again for signing the petition. I so understand all of your storys. I felt like a complete failure as a mum - I didnt get it diagnosed until my LO was 17 months and I was very very bad by this point - I took my first overdose then which nearly killed me. I wish I had got help sooner.

I have the adult mental health team at the moment and still on meds - but I have had to fight for the support and help. I dont want any other mums to have to go through this and had it been picked up sooner I may not of been so bad in taking overdoses.

I cant thank you enough for taking the time to sign this. It will make all the difference and I urge anyone who hasnt done it to just sign - even if you havent suffered from it.

Thanks again

LittleLotty
xx
allanhendy
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
Will sign the petition now, im 26 weeks pregnant and have been advised to start to seeing a councillor as my midwife says im suffering depression now and have severe anxiety. im now really worried because im depressed in pregnancy i will be more likely to suffer form post natal depression after the baby's born. Good to see things are being done to recognise and support sufferes more though x
linzbam
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
Such a good petition something needs to be done! why is it that people who have real problems dont get the help they need but people who dont even pay there way here get everythign at the click of a finger. This country needs a good kick up the bum if you ask me!!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular