Weight

Dev
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:26 am 
Post subject: Weight
I was quite heavy before I became pregnant. I was at nearly 14 stone. During the first trimester, I couldn't eat a thing and I was constantly sick. That brought me down to 12 stone.

I've been told by a lot of people that it was normal to lose weight in the first trimester, but I should start packing it back on in the second. I'm now at the end of the 2nd trimester and I'm still at 12 stone!

All the books I read tell me what I should do if I put on too much weight, but never if I put on too little. It's the first time I've ever been worried about NOT putting on weight.

Has anyone else experienced this?
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:31 am 
Post subject: xx
i dint put weight on till i was around 22 week then it all just come at once i look like a whale now lol x
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:36 am 
Post subject:
Hi Dev, I lost nearly a stone during the first few months because of morning sickness. To be honest, since then, i've gained nearly 2 stone (i'm 9 months now - was due on wednesday). You'll only start gaining weight as your baby grows, and I dont think i really started gaining weight until about 30 weeks plus. Mention it your midwife if you're worried, but your body has probably gotten itself back to a nice healthy weight xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular