Bit of a rant

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:13 am 
Post subject: Bit of a rant
Does anyone else just feel like the shower of sh*t is never ending?
I'm 20, my partner is 23 and I'm 29weeks+5 days (due on Oct 2nd) (baby was a bit of a surprise to say the least but a good one) - I've been told I was losing my job and then that I was able to keep it for another four weeks (due to a re structure), I don't have a house - I still live with my parents and so does my partner (with his dad). My partners dad won't allow me in the house because he is a complete *bleep* Evil or Very Mad - fill in with whatever you like there, the worse the better. - He has also said that he doesnt want anything to do with the baby. My partner and I are constantly trying to stay afloat money wise as it is without baby being here yet (sounds so awful saying that)
I just don't know what to do anymore - feel like i'm fighting a losing battle.
Sorry to offload but sometimes it feels a lot too much. Sad
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:27 am 
Post subject:
hi kat and u have a gd moan girl get it off ur chest:)

its stressul enuff being pregnant never mind all this extra stuff u gotta deal with so u got every rite to have moan every now and agen.

first fo all congrtas on ur pregnancy.

y r u losing ur job there not getting rid of u because ur pregnant r they?

sorry to say this but ut ohs dad sounds like hes being so childish u r both adults. y dusnt he want anything to do with his grandchild?

is there no way ur oh could move in with you then at least u will be able to see him as must be difficult if his dad aint letting u in the house(nver heard of something so ridiculous)

i no money is diffiuclt i have a lot of money worries myself and its awful thing u feel like u can never get away from it.

is ther eno chance u and him cud get place of ur own.

and wen baby is here u will be able to get help such as child benefit and working tax and child tax credit and u shud be eligible for the sure start meternity grant which is £500 to help towards cost of baby things.

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:50 am 
Post subject:
I work for the local authority and they’ve decided they don’t need me anymore because they made me move team, gave my job to someone else (who still doesn’t know what she’s doing) and put me in a team that was only ever going to be a temporary measure.
We’ve got our names down on the housing register and are going through a homeless application as a split family but nothing seems to be going anywhere – I keep ringing our housing officer all the time and asking him whats happening only to find that nothing is. We’re no closer to getting our own place than we were 3 weeks ago.
My OH can’t move in with me unfortunately because I have old fashioned parents who can’t get their heads around the idea that we sleep together and don’t want us sleeping in the same bed in their house. Apart from that they are trying to be as supportive as possible which is much appreciated.
As for OH’s dad, he is very childish – he has a 2 cars and did have my OH on the insurance for one, which helped because it meant that he could get to me quite quickly etc. He’s now taken my OH off the insurance because of an argument at the weekend because OH was spending time with me and not being his dad’s skivvy. Oh and he put his ‘friend’ on it even though he’s only known her for about 6 weeks.
God when its all written down it just seems so petty.
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:55 am 
Post subject:
id make a complaint sounds like they are trying to get rid of u because ur pregnant which they cant do that. u got a date to start ur maternity leave yet?

yer i have had my name on housing register for 3 years now and still havnt got anything so after a year we found somewhere private to rent and still heard nowt bk from housing register.

ah i c. well hopefully u will find place of ur own soon.

yer dus sounds really petty think ur ohs dad really needs to grow up.

apart form everything else that is going on how u feeling with being pregnant?

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:15 am 
Post subject:
The actual pregnancy is fine - I have days where I feel like a beached whale but everyone says that my bump is small.
I had rather bad morning sickness at the start but that calmed down at about 3 months and have been fine since.
I don't know if this is normal but were you impatient when you got to a certain point in your pregnancy? I just can't wait for him to be here!
Thanks for listening to me rant - can't be that riveting for you lol
Hows your baby and life after the bump?
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:20 am 
Post subject:
everything seems to happen when your pregnant and it all gets you down twice as much as you have so much going on in your head. we just about managed with money when my daughter was younger, but it got easier and we are ok now. your baby doesn't need much but lots of love.
completly normal to feel like that, like you are fed up of being prgnant and just want to be a mummy
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:24 am 
Post subject:
yer everyone sed my bump was small but it wasnt to me i felt huge and walked like a duck it was so heavy lol.

i didnt really get that impatient till i went overdue then i got very impatient lol.

i loved being pregnant never had mornign sickness or any other problems really.

life after bump - well my daughter is almost 2 year old and is very difficult at the moment she gets very annoyed and frustarted wen she cant do something and is constantly on the ago and she is very wingy baby well she just screams at slightest thing ppl giv me luks wen were out but my family have just learnt to except that louise screams over anything lol. and myself im almost bak to normal nearly got a flat belly but dont think it will ever be like it used to be lol.

do u no that ur having a boy then?

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:46 am 
Post subject:
I found out that we’re having a boy at the 20 week scan (as soon as I was able to!)
We decided that we were going to find out because we’re both really impatient lol.
I think I waddle – I’m not too sure lol
Speaking of people giving funny looks – what is that about? Babies cry and scream you would think people would be used to that fact by now. Lol
I took my goddaughter and her mom out the other week and little one got rather grumpy and tired so started crying and screaming. Then she wanted to run off in the middle of town so fairly obviously we stopped her and that just made the screaming louder. In actual fact this situation was quite comical but people were looking at us like we were the worst people in history because she was a little grumpy.
Funnier still in pizza hut she decided that she was going to copy this other baby that was squealing – me and her mom were in stitches – don’t think the other diners found it as funny.
Sod ‘em I say.
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
bet ur ded excited u get any names picked out yet?

i no i feel like saying u never seen a baby scream before wud u rather me giv into her and have a spolit brat just so u dont stare!

i no yer my daughter dus exact same things wen shes tired she just screams and wen u say no she screams again.

yer is easy to say sod em but wen they are luking i feel so bad even tho im doin nothign wrong lol.

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:54 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah he's already got his name
Sean Robert (his dad is called Rob so ...)
I am excited but also really quite anxious becos of silly things like the fact that I have never changed a nappy in my life, haven't really spent that much time around babies. Older kids yeah but not really babies. So that makes me think i'm really unprepared. But with my various websites and crazy people around to give me advice - i'm sure we can do it lol
Smile
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
aww lovely name:)

dont worry once ur baby is here it will all come to you!
and u can always ask ur mam for help if ur stuck as shes been there.

and u can ask us all on the forum for help and advice:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular