sterilisation reversal

Swanny
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:57 pm 
Post subject: sterilisation reversal
hi everyone,

spent all night reading your stories and i must admit I don't feel so alone any more!! I am 44. I was sterilised 12 years ago, clips they said. I had just had my 4th child and had fallen pregnant with her even though I was on mini pill and still breast feeding my daughter! My relationship had gone from bad to worse and couldn't face getting pregnant again as that would only have made things worse. Never thought after all these years I would find my soul mate but early last year I did. We got married 21st June this year and I can't ever remember being soooooo happy!!! He has a grown up daughter and mine are 24,22,17 and 14. He has said he wished he met me first and would love to have a baby with me. I feel exactly the same. I think you just know when you find that special someone. He has said he will still love me the same if it doesn't happen, but it would be the icing on the cake. So, what now? I doubt I can have reversal on nhs because of the children I have, but would really like some info on where to go to see consultant, and how long it takes. Also, would they consider me for the op at my age? Any advice would be very helpful as I'm running out of time. Don't fancy ivf as I've heard such horror stories and i think its less likely to be a success. Please help!!! Confused Confused
PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:38 am 
Post subject:
Hi Swanny,
Congratulations on your wedding hunny, you sound so happy Very Happy
Haven't had a reversal so can't answer your question, but there are aquite a few ladies on here that have had the reversal done or are waiting to have it done, so I'm pretty sure someone will be able to advise you Wink
I don't know if you found the post on the ttc forum 'sterilisation reversal' there are about 25 pages to the post, it is really interesting and most of the ladies frequently post on there.
Best of luck to you hun xx

JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:55 am 
Post subject:
hi swanny xx welcome to the forum xxxx
you wouldnt be able to get it done on the nhs , you would have to go private hun xx
my op cost 3450 so is rather expensive xx i had my op 30th april so just waiting on that BFP now!!!!!! xx
i know a few other girls have had tests at the docs to see if they are oving and got their partners to have sperm tests , but we didnt bother xxxxxxx
i went to see my consultant, and was booked in 2 weeks later so it is very quick xxxxxxx
any advice you need dont hesitate to ask, there are a few of us on here that have had the op and a few waiting to have it done xxxxxxxxxxx
good luck xx hope all goes well
Jane xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
Swanny
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
thanks for the replies. Let you know what materialises!! Hope you're all ok and you soon get some wonderful news. Smile [/code]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular