Entertaining

Claire27
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:01 am 
Post subject: Entertaining
Morning all,

I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for how to entertain an active 11month old? My boy goes to nursery 2 days a wk and they do loads with him but I find he is so bored at home. I play with his toys, sing songs etc, but he seems to bore easily and while he is sleeping, I am trying to think of what to do.

Thank you.

Pamela
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:53 am 
Post subject:
Hi claire, thats a hard one!!! We spend all our days together at the mo so trying to make things fun isnt easy some days. Normally we have story time, flash cards, ruff in tumble play, walks to the park to look at ducks, a lot of time can be spent on the swing (if you have a baby swing in a local park), blowing bubbles, some times we just sit outside and enjoy the day. I assume he is crawling? Hunter isnt so its a bit hard to roll a ball for him to chase yet Very Happy Mind you they have also got to learn to entertain themselves for short bursts while you can get a few chores done too. He helps me make the bed, well i throw him from 1 side to the other but he finds it amusing, let him pull the washing out of the basket as you fold it, building towers with blocks just so he can push them over, he enjoys grocery shopping. Would you feel comfortable with water play outside? Just a bowl filled with water and a few kitchen utensils he can splash it with, maybe with a little washing liquid in it to make some bubbles, music - cheap shakers and a tamberine (drums?? Laughing ). Thats all I can think of at the mo!!!
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:58 pm 
Post subject: Entertaining
Thank you for all your suggestions. I took him to the swings and we went for a walk as I have a puppy too. It seemed to keep him entertained and he is now sound asleep! Yes he is crawling and standing holding on to stuff but that is making life harder at the moment as he spends his life trapping his fingers in drawers, and hitting his head.... which is why I am struggling for ideas..... Confused
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:06 pm 
Post subject:
Keep your eye out for a cheap kiddies table that he can stand at and play, doesnt matter if he bangs his head on it either, made of plastic Very Happy Yesterday I blew up a few balloons, just a little air so when they popped it wasnt loud, he liked those. Also loves the pot cuboard, have made a special cuboard that he can get into whenever, filled with pots, lids and plastic bowels. easy mess to clean up too Laughing

Jump to:  

Community

Popular