IVF/ICSI INFO OF CYCLE

curlywurlysue
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:36 pm 
Post subject: IVF/ICSI INFO OF CYCLE
Hi there ladies,
I am 39 years of age, partner and I have been trying for 3 years and have both had surgery for blocked fallopian tubes and collection of sperm for freezing, lap & dyes, blood tests and scans you name it we have done it all. We were both referred to fertility clinic in the west midlands over a year ago, and I was told very quickly after a few tests that I had to lose weight...fine... it took me 4 months to lose 1 and half stone on the rosemary conley diet and exercise routine, which I didnt find particularly easy but it worked as the result was a healthy 30.1 BMI.......which resulted in us doing a cycle of ICSI in August just gone.

I started injecting myself once a day in my tummy, which you do have a lesson with nurse before hand so you get used to it. It doesnt hurt as much as you think. On day 12 of my cycle they did an egg collection (no pain) and collected 15 follicles but unfortunately only 5 fertilised in 24 hours plus i had to put pessaries in my vagina to stop me bleeding. In the following 3 days it was decided to put 2 embryos back into my womb so the hard part was all done. The first two weeks was the hardest thing I have ever done, as my hormones and health deteriorated with not great side effects of injections, such as bloating, headaches, constipation, severe fatigue, loss of taste, smell and appetite. Not everybody has these bad side effects though i was just unlucky.

Then it was just the two week wait with inserting pessaries to stop you bleeding, and then eventually taking your pregnancy test. MINE WAS THANKFULLY POSITIVE.

So I have just had my 6 week scan with one healthy heartbeat to boot. And now going to discharged to my local hospital and midwife for the rest of my pregnancy.

Please if you are going to do IVF/ICSI just take each day as it comes, in your stride, sleep and eat well as much as possible and you never know you might get the baby result we all hope for....I DID. I never expected to get my positve result in a million years, i thought I would probably end up going through the treatment again and still be childless.

But you have to give yourself a chance...any questions please do not hesitate to ask
Lots of love and good luck....sue....x
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:46 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for sharing Sue,

best of luck, and CONGRATULATIONS on your successful cycle and pregnancy! Very Happy

Julie xxx
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
Lovely to hear a happy ending, thank you and good luck with your pregnancy
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:46 am 
Post subject:
thanks curleywurlysue,

im waiting ivf (hopefully will be this year!!) which seems like forever. really appreciate this information. i have really short cycles since taking clomid (22 - 25 days), i take it the pessaries will make my cycle longer and will only get AF (hopefully not) once ive stopped using the pessaries?

xx
breezer
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:05 am 
Post subject:
Sue,

thanks for your post - it is so hard to reamin hopeful that icsi may work - just contacted hospital and hopefully we should get phonecall in about three weeks to start treatment - after four years of trying I find it hard to remain hopeful that we will be blessed with a family, in some strange way reading that others feel that way then get BFP's gives hope.

So nervous and excited about treatment starting cannot wait Rolling Eyes - seeing as hopefully only a couple of weeks off - anything with hindisght you wish you had known before treatment started? Very Happy

many thanks
sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular