PANICK!!!!

dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:44 pm 
Post subject: PANICK!!!!
Hi everyone,
Im wandering if anyone can offer me some advice before i go running off to the doctors and feeling like a right plonker!

I keep getting really bad palpitations in my heart, it almost feels like my heart is going to jump out of my chest and start dancing around on the table!!

it seems to be worse when i lie down and i can hear the pounding noise in my head!
I understand outr blood volume increases when we r preggers but my resting heart rate is so fast i feel like ive been running for an hour.
im generally fit and well, am 23 wks gone.
any advice would be kindly appreciated.
thanks again girls. x
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Dawn, i've had the same thing my whole pregnancy (i'm 40 weeks now), its so scary when it first happens because you feel like there is something wrong with you! I just think its all of the extra work our bodies are doing. Try not to lie on your back, as I found this made it worse as everything is 'squashed'!

The only time i did go to the doctors with it, was at work when it happened, but my heart was racing so fast i thought i was going to pass out, and my palms went all sweaty and i nearly fainted. I was signed off work then with 'exhaustion', had been overdoing it!!

But other than that, its perfectly normal as far as I know! xx
Dev
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:58 pm 
Post subject:
I've been having this a lot. I lay down and feel that my heart is going to choke me! I didn't want to go the doctor, because I've gone to them before about it and they always tell me it's nothing and they can't find anything wrong.

Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this.
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for the advice, i will try not to worry about it for now then, i have a midwife appointment next week anyway so maybe mention it to her if it carrys on.
thanks girls. x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular