Lactose Overload

DebraB
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:06 am 
Post subject: Lactose Overload
Help. My 4 month old baby has been demand feeding every couple of hours. This is now happening through the night. Somebody mentioned to me about lactose overloaod and this sounds exactly like what has been happeing to my baby. It's when the baby gets to much foremilk and not enough hind milk. Thier digestive system finds this difficult to break down and they make some rather intersting smells, want to feed all the time (which adds to the problem) and gernerally aren't very happy. I really don't want to give up breast feeding. Has anyone had to deal with this?
Spex
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:46 pm 
Post subject: Hi
Hi, I havn't personally had this exact problem, but if it is to do with the lactose content of the milk, Colief is a really great product for helping ease the symptoms related to this as you put a few drops on a spoon before you feed them, and it helps break down the lactose in the milk so their poor little tummies don't have to do all the work! It's quite expensive but definitely worth it. We've been using it for our son since he was 8 weeks old and it's made him so much happier. Maybe it's worth a try? Becca x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular