medication

gemmap
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:23 pm 
Post subject: medication
hi, I was just wandering, i have taken codiene and ibrofen during my pregnancy and im 20 weeks pregnant now and only just had my booking in, the midwife said that i should avoid ibrofen and aspirin and then when she said that i didn't dare tell her that i had been taking for major migranes that i get (even when not pregnant), can anyone help or advise whether i have done sonething terrible or will everything be ok, i am totally stressing now. Please help

Love gemma x
Kimmy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
Codine is fine but stay away from asprin. I think Ibrofen is ok but just check with the doctor.

k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
hun-dont stress. you'll be fine(iv took ibuprofen a few times wen iv had a really bad head cos paracetamol dont work for me)-but dont take it anymore. if u r worried then the best person to talk to is your midwife!!xx
gemmap
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
i have now stop taking but feel really bad, she did just say avoid but does that mean it hasn't been proven that it bad, i don't know just feel really bad now. thanks for your comments hun.
gemmap
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
it's the ibropfen that i am so worried about more so than the codiene cos like you say i think thats ok to take.
k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
if i was you i would talk to midwife just to be sure, but im sure everythin will be ok xx
gemmap
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
i will do, thanks
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:43 pm 
Post subject:
i was taking tramadol everday before i found out i was pregnant and was stresing about that but there is really nothing i can do anymore, i would definatly not take anymore ibrufoen and talk to your midwife but try not to worry, we can't turn back time and stress is no good for you
take care xx
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:49 pm 
Post subject:
I was prescribed codiene during my last pregnancy for bad hips and will probably get some this time too depending on hip pain. So I wouldn't worry about that.
Just don't take any more ibuprofen, it's not your fault that you've already taken them, you weren't to know if you hadn't had a booking in appointment.
How come you had such a late appointment? In m town you see your midwife between 8 and 10 weeks.
F xx

gemmap
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
i know i remeber with my daugther i had booking in at 6 weeks and this 20 weeks bit strange but apparantley thats what they are doing now. i have read a couple of website to say that ibropfen is ok but just not in last trimester so i feel a little relieve now.
thanks a lot
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
so you didn't have a 12 week scan?
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:50 pm 
Post subject:
yes i had that, then my appointment came through for booking in for 21st July, be strange isn't it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular