Headaches

lilmissus125
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:28 pm 
Post subject: Headaches
Hi i'm just over 7 wks pregnant, and for the past week have been unwell, tonsilitis and urine infection, i've just got over that and for the past 3 days have been having the worst headaches of my life! they are pounding and nothing i do eases them, paracetamol wont touch them, have spoken to my m/wife and she says headaches are normal and its my body reacting to the hormones, just wondered if anyone else has been experiencing this?
plus am also a bit stressed at the mo as v.worried something will be wrong with baby and have an assignment due in soon which i havent started!!
thanks
x
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
Oh poor you - I had a really bad head the other day and like you paracetamol just would not shift it, yes they are definitely more common in pregnancy due to hormonal changes etc but I would say that as you have been unwell that probably hasnt helped. I have suffered with cluster headaches in the past and was told they were due to dehydration - try and up your fluid intake I am absolutely certain it helps. Hope all goes well with your assignment, take care Flossie xx
lilmissus125
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Flossie made me feel alot better Very Happy this site is so good for talking to real people and putting your mind at rest, you take care too Very Happy
Sam x
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
Your welcome, someone on here always has an answer, I am sure we all have the same worries I have sat for hours looking at old posts and sure enough my answers are usually there. You will feel so much better after your first scan I promise Flossie xx
prawnette
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I reccomend banana's. its something to do with the acid in the banana that gets rid of them.

Jo
gingin
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
yup, have also suffered but apparently its all about hydration so try and drink a little every half an hour or something similar it def helps
also sleep always helps or just try and be in a darker room or even wear sunglasses to take light away from the equation
g
x
lilmissus125
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:04 pm 
Post subject:
thanks guys will defo try the bannana and drinking more, have had solid bad head for 3 days now but has eased a little today Very Happy , hope your all ok
Sam x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular