How can I stop my baby waking and chatting?

BusyDaddy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:20 am 
Post subject: How can I stop my baby waking and chatting?
We have a bit of a sleep problem with our 1.5 year old boy;

Most nights he will wake, usually around 3ish, but sometimes earlier or later. But rather than crying out, he will start chatting to himself, for up to 2 hours. He's not upset or distressed. He's not crying out for attention.

Most of the sleep advice you read is about getting your crying baby back to sleep, but there's little about getting your chatting baby back to sleep!

Has anyone else experienced something similar, and if so how did you get you child to go back to sleep quickly?
jemsaf
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:40 pm 
Post subject:
Good question!

How many sleeps does he have during the day? Maybe try cutting them back so he's more tired at night and needing more sleep?

Pthjer wise my only advise would be to go in and tell him it's time to go to sleep and tuck him back in.

If he's not crying I wouldn't stress too much about it. It must be better then a screaming child!

Good luck!
BusyDaddy
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:18 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the reply.

All is OK now! After a couple of weeks he seemed to get bored of the whole waking up game and decided to sleep through the night. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular