What did you pack in your hospital bag?

mrsI
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:29 pm 
Post subject: What did you pack in your hospital bag?
Hi there, i am 32 weeks pregnant and starting to think about packing my hospital bag, so could you please let me know what i will need to pack, and also what item you found most useful during your hospital stay.

Many Thanks
Smile
pommie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:16 pm 
Post subject:
hello

Did you not get a book from your midwife (usually in a white folder with your pregnancy note book)? That gives you a list of what you will need in your hospital bag.
booter
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi mrsl,

I'm approaching 37 weeks with my first. I've had lots of advice and read lots of books and have got completely frustrated with all the contradicting information so I gave up and came up with my own and this is what I have put in mine, hope it helps you

My bag (including labor bag)
1 pair of button up PJ's
1 cheap nighty
1 pair of slippers
4 pairs of knickers
2 pairs of socks
1 large towel
1 face cloth
toiletries
glucose tablets
1 2L bottle of mineral water
1 dressing gown
1 pack of maternity pads
6 breast pads

Babys bag
3 sleep suits
3 baby grows
2 pairs of socks/booties
2 pairs of scratch mittens
1 hat
pack of nappies
1 cellular blanket
1 fleece blanket
cotton wool balls

There will inevitabely be things I have forgotten but I think that when the time comes I really won't care
Good luck x
pommie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
also people say to take straws as its easier to drink from when in labour rather than from a cup!!
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
great list! i also think lip balm is a good one as it was a life saver when i had my daughter...the gas n air dried my lips out.
also my ipod station with all my favorite music on. me and my daughter have made a special playlist especially for birth.
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:55 pm 
Post subject: xx
i never realised u had 2 take quite so much. i just fort it was a nighty lol never eve fort about the baby arghhh i hope i can do this lol x
k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:04 am 
Post subject:
lol. im sure youll be ok. Just write a list and keep it somewhere handy-eg your handbag and if you think of something else you can write it down so you dont forget. also girls, can you help me-im planning on bottle feeding my baby-does this mean i have to take my own formula and bottles to the hospital or do they supply these?
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:47 pm 
Post subject: xx
im bottle feeding 2. but think his 1st milk can be breast milk. can i do that or if i start on brest milk will he have 2 stay on it x
Marmalade
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:35 pm 
Post subject:
The hospital will have milk if you need it. With breast feeding you can try it and still go on to formula if you have problems or don't like it. (obviously the longer you breast feed the better but don't let anyone make you feel guilty if you don't get on with it)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular