potty training

amamark01
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:25 pm 
Post subject: potty training
hi i have a 2 and a half year old boy i have been trying to potty train for at least two months. his speach is not all that good and he dose not tell me when he needs to go to the toilet. he was scared of the potty so i got one of them seats for the toilet in stead but he still wont go when i put him on that. if anyone has any ideas on how to help please do thank you Sad Very Happy
JodieGirl
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hello,

Just to make you feel better, I have a boy who is NOW 13years, and he was a nightmare to potty train, it was after his third birthday when it finnally clicked. Someone told me to keep two potties in the house, one in the main room and the other in the toilet. When ever myself or my Husband went to the loo, we made a big issue of it, and occassionly my son would follow us upstairs and ask what we were doing. After a while he enjoyed all the attention that my husband and I got, and just sat on the potty down stairs. He suddenly got all the attention and LOVED it, after a while he used the downstairs potty. then about three months later when I annonced that I was going to the toilet he said that he was going to, and followed me upstairs and sat on the upstairs potty. It took a while, but we stopped trying to put him on the potty, and showned him how much attention he was losing out on by NOT sitting on the potty. I now have two girls and they were sooooo much easier, I guess its true, females are better!!!
Hope it helps Take Care.
BusyDaddy
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
If you don't feel he's ready for whatever reason, I would suggest perhaps you wait a month or two until he is?

I don't think there is a magical formula for potty training, but I think 1) the child needs to be ready 2) you need to give them loads of encouragement and praise when they do sit down and "hit the target".

A friend once told me she used to put a little paper boat in the potty which their son then had to 'bomb'!! Never tried it myself (or with my kids Wink) but may be worth a shot?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular