Interview...eek!

ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:56 pm 
Post subject: Interview...eek!
I have a job interview on Tues for part time work..... Im so glad as iv been lookin at goin bk 2 work part time 4 a while!
However i may be jumping the gun a bit but, IF I do get the job I have no Idea what I will do with my son!??
My mum can only commit to having him 1 day a week but she is goin on hol for 3 wks in septemeber, so dont no what ill do then and my friend has offered 2 have him on some mondays when shes not working?! I will hopefully be able 2 work a Saturday so my OH will have him that day, its just in the week im concerned about.

Would I be best to look for a child minder? or look into day nurseries? Do nurseries take babies 1/ 2 days a week?!

Any advice any1? Confused
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
hi

i have no kiddies at the mo but first is well and truly on the way!!!

i have decided that i will go back to work after my maternity pay finishes and will go back part time - same as you i have no one to look after bubba so i will have to look at childminders - i used to be a nursery nurse and all nurseries should do half days, but they do have times that the session finishes - all nurseries have different times.

hope this helps and good luck for the interview

tash xxx
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:08 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Tash, ill have 2 have a look at local nurseries. How do I get a list of child minders in the area? Is there some one I can ring or apply for a list online?

xx
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Im also a trained Nanny I would look at your local council website or ofsted website as all child carers should be ofsted registered. If you want more flexi care to fit in for you and baby I would look at childminders. We have one in my village who is really flexible and lovely with it. Good luck with whatever care you choose, go look ask lots and Im sure you wiil get a feel for the right childminder or day nursery. take care, and good luck with the interview. pupx
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:22 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks pup, im just looking through a list of local childminders on a website..... bit confusing!!
Does anyone know what a childminder does? (i no that sounds silly) But what i mean is, do they just sit at home all day with loads of kids? or take them out? I have a very strange picture in my head of a lady walking up the road with tons of kids in tow. LOL Very Happy Confused
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:39 pm 
Post subject:
a child minder is a person who looks after children at home - they should provide both nurturing care and fun activities for the children. like nurseries they are only allowed to have a certain amounts of children depending on how many adults they have working in the home as childminders can employ other helpers. just be careful that if you do choose childminder then they have been police checked, the adult to child ratio is correct - (ofsted will tell you this) including the childminders children (these have to be included in the total number of chidlren being cared for) and check that they are ofsted registered.

child minders have less amounts of children than nurseries - thats why i decided on one and not a nursery - i just got to find the right one hehehe

hope this helps

tash xx
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:49 pm 
Post subject:
Yep tash is totally right. I was previously a nanny then childminder. I provided a caring nuturing safe environment. Plenty of age appropriate activities, good nutricious food, trips out and about and a daily diary, and scrap book to show you your childs day. All childminders need to be Police checked (enhanced CRB) and be Ofsted registered. Any chd they have need to be taken in to ratios. I was a childminder some time ago as I now am SENCO in pre-school so you would need to look in to up to date ratios of adult to children. With all the tech info also go with gut instinct. The childminders home should be safe stimulating and in a way home from home. There are lots of fab childminders out there so Good Luck. Pupx
slummymummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
Can't help with the childcare question, sorry. Just wanted to say good luck with your interview! x x x x x x

ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your help ladies.....ill have to have a good look through them all, I MIGHT ASK MY HV if she can recommend one as well xx
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:46 am 
Post subject:
hi,

i went bak to work wen my daughter was around 5 and half months old at fist his nana looked after her but it was getting too much so wen she was just over 6 months i put her into a day nursery just on afternoons (so yes they do do half days). she would go to nursery 1-6 as i worked 2 till 5:30.

i now work 1:30 till 5. and have her a full time place at the day nursery. so she can go wenevea she wants and she loves it so much! its the best thing ive done.

shes having her photos tuk at nursery today!

asupastar
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:38 am 
Post subject:
Hiya
As always the ladies in this forum give spot on advice, i'm 13 weeks gone and have researched nurseries, looked at ofsted reports and nearer the end of my pregnancy i'll be visiting a good few to get a good feel of what i'm looking for. Its so important to go with your instincts as they never let you down. Research private nurseries and your council run nurseries and that way you can compare and contrast. Most nurseries take babies from around 3 months and full time too, you may find the best nurseries have long waiting lists and limited places. I'm confident that you'll find either a nursery or c/minder that you'll be happ with.

Keep us posted, take care Axxx Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular