sterilization on the nhs

msk76
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:48 am 
Post subject: sterilization on the nhs
has any of you ladies on here had their reversal done on the nhs?
I have been in so much pain since my sterization 7 yrs ago that i am now considering having it reversed.I had visited my gp numerous times about my prob and they were no help wouldnt even put me back on the pill cos they said i didnt need it.I moved to hastings last year and finally have a gp that understands i have now been refered to the gyn at the local hosp.My gp could only say that if they could sterilize me surely they can reverse it seeing as the pain and suffering i have been thru since should be enough to meet their criteria.
Has anyone else suffered with pain and monsterous pmt since they were sterilzed?
I have read in america there is something called post tubal syndrome but as yet docs dont recognise it as a medical prob caused by sterilization.I do wonder if i am just being a big baby every month lol.
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
HI there,
i has really bad PMT after my TT too. Horrendous mood swings and heavy bleeding.
Have a look at this article on PTLS (post tubal ligation syndrome) i found it on this website, and went on to have my reversal there. My reversal was done in Sep 08, and all was fine until i lost a tube with an EP in Apr this year cos the hospital refused to listen to me.

I recognised all the symtoms - you probably will too. Its just not recognised in the UK by Drs - if it was i'm sure they would not be in such a hurry to do it!

http://www.tubal-reversal.net/blog/tag/post-tubal-ligation-syndrome

Hope it helps - and i hope the NHS reverse it for you.

Julie xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
msk76
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:35 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the reply i had found this website by chance a couple of weeks ago and i am still amazed by how many the reversal has helped.

I was pleased to hear that the reversal worked for you but and was sorry to hear that you had had an EP and lost a tube after everything had worked out well. I wish you loads of luck for the future.

I have my gyn appointment next week and i am so nervous.The main reason i want to have the reversal is for the pain and suffering me and my family have to endure for 2 weeks of every month. My main fear is that i will not be believed just like many other women before me and that they will not fund the op on the nhs ( i cannot afford to go private )

I think the main problem for not being believed is so many of us suffer in silence like i have for the last 7 years and for many a hysterectomy is given to cure this instead of a reversal being offered.

Maria x
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
That is so true.
its not just the physical side (although that was bad) but the emotional side was worse than i ever expected.
There are far too many sterilisations carried out on women under pressure (me for one) and too many hysterectomies without looking at the underlying causes.

I really hope your consult goes well and they fund your reversal.

Julie xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
msk76
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:51 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you.
I was 26 and just out of a really bad relationship with 2 toddlers to bring up alone.I thought the best thing for me was to get sterilized.I had 2 babies in 2 years and didnt think i could cope at that time if i had anymore. When i look back how dumb was i to go through with it cos i stayed single for 5 years so there wasnt any chance of falling pregnant any way.

I am in a good place in my life now and my other half would love more kids.We both know that its not without risks but i want this done more for other reasons than for a baby, Although that would be an added bonus.
maria x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular