Toilet Problems

pommie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:49 pm 
Post subject: Toilet Problems
Sorry I know this topic is a bit ewww but is anyone else having trouble passing stools. I seem to struggle and strain so much that I end up making myself bleed from the back. I just wondered if anyone knows of anything that can be taken whilst you are pregnant which will help ease things along!
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
There are a few threads on here regarding this however, have a word with your GP there is a product called lactulose which I had prescribed previously but I wouldnt buy anything over the counter as some could be too strong. Hope you get 'going' soon. Flossie xx
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:03 am 
Post subject:
I think you are allowed to take something called 'Fybogel' when you're pregnant. You can buy it over the counter, but it will be free if you get a prescription for it instead. Its like an orange powder that you mix with water, it doesnt taste too bad!!

You're not alone, its a nightmare, i get it a lot too, and of course the dreaded piles!!
scaredmum2be
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:03 pm 
Post subject:
I feel for you with this, I have it too!!

They say drink lots of water and eat plenty of fibre so thats what I'm gonna do.

One question though, does it hurt the baby when you strain too hard?
mumsy72
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:13 am 
Post subject: Re: Toilet Problems
HI Pommie,
I had the same problem near the beginning now, it lasted for about 3 weeks, it is very painful indeed. I took lactulose, but for me it did not do anything, I always drink lots of water though and fruit teas troughout the day.
Good luck.
pommie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:22 pm 
Post subject:
scaredmetobe:- i also worry if the straining harms the baby as a friend of mine said it can...
gingin
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
i got the same too- am drinking plenty though but it doesnt seem to make much difference though - i do go eventually but nowhere near as regular as i should be - you start to feel a bit sick with it too - i think i might go to the chemist to find out what i can take tomorrow
g
x
xamberx
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:59 am 
Post subject:
just make sure u drink plenty of water u shudnt strain to hard as it can damage baby, everybody get constipation wen ther preg
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:46 am 
Post subject:
Not sure that straining too hard can damage the baby???!!! Can anybody clarify that? I was under the impression that obviously constipation was something that needed sorted out but in no way could harm unborn baby. How hard are you straining??? Wooh TMI....Flossiexxx

Marmalade
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:48 am 
Post subject:
Straining really shouldn't hurt the baby but it can cause tears and piles so getting something to help it along would probably be a good idea.
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:36 pm 
Post subject:
sorry, didnt want to worry anybody its jst somethnk i heard jst thort id share it
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
i was lactulose by the doctor and its works really well as long as you dring lots and lots of water with it. Without the water its pointless taking it.
I bought some suppositries over the counter at the chemist before i saw the doctor though as i had to wait ages for an appointment, they are ok to use on pregnancy as i asked the pharmacist but they will only remove what is ready to leave your body anyway, if u are really bunged up then your best with the doctors stuff... good luck .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular