Help please

HazelT
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:32 am 
Post subject: Help please
Hi all, was just wondering if anyone knows how to stop a baby from being sick all the time?
My daughter Lily was born 10 weeks prem and she is sick all the time, the health visitor keeps telling me she will grow out of it but shes 7 months old now and theres no change, it doesnt seem to bother her it just means i am constantly changing her, i dont know what i can do??
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya, my baby was also 10 weeks prem and I have some friends with prem babies that have had this problem.

One of their boys was sick after every feed and lots of it, I asked her if it could be reflux as this is more common in prems. Her HV had told her no, definitly not reflux. To cut a long story short he is six months now and has been sick all that time, and she finally ignored the Health visitors and took him to the doctors who immediatly said 'he's got reflux' so now he is on treatments for it and getting a bit better.
There are various drugs they can give or special formula milk.

I would go to docs and ask if it could be reflux.

I don't think the tratments cure it completely but they reduce the amount they are sick!

HazelT
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:36 pm 
Post subject:
thanks ill try that, my health visitor did say that it wasnt reflux but ill have her checked out Smile
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls, my son was 10 wks early as well and he used to get sick with every bottle and also tended to stop breathing as he couldnt suck and breath at the same time ( thats a whole other thread anyway) but I was advised to put gaviscon in his feeds for the reflux and it sorted it out.
Worth a shot?

HazelT
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:22 pm 
Post subject:
thats great thanks, can you get special baby gaviscon??
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
ask your doctor, be pushy!! but yes I think its baby gaviscon

Suezz
Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
I had the same problem with my littleman...
Born 13 weeks early.

He always has Gaviscon in his feeds since his stint on SCBU and he is rarely sick now... I also had the same problem when he would'nt breath (Poor co-ordination) and that was awful...
But hopefully he is growing out of that now.

Anyway back to the Gaviscon... You can get special Gaviscon that is suitable for babies... Go to your Doc, and he will prescribe it for you..

Hope this works..

x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular