ICSI Treatment

LizzieC123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:22 pm 
Post subject: ICSI Treatment
Hi
I am 22 years old and I have just had ICSI treatment.
It was all going really well - I took the nasal spray and went for the scan where I was told everything was going as planned and I was able to start the injections.
I started the injections, which my boyfriend did for me as I really do not like needles. I had to keep going for blood tests as I was at high risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and I was in quite abit of pain as my ovaries grew very big (they were touching). I had alot of follicles which I was pleased about but it was very uncomfortable and I had heard that hyperstimulation can be quite dangerousI
I then had 20 eggs taken from me (which is a high amount), then next day I rang up and 11 had fertilised which was also really good.
Finally the day came, they advised that 3 of the embryos were 1's - which is the best quality, as I had 3 I could not get any frozen (you can only freeze if you have 4 or over). I was originally only going to have 1 inserted but in the circumstances I was advised 2.
They advised 2 as if I would have only had 1 then the other 2 high quality embryos would have been wasted and obviously my 1st ICSI.
I was really excited - I had 2 of the highest quality embryos and with my age thought it would work - I was due for a test on the Wednesday (nearly 2 wks after) but the Friday before I started bleeding, I rang up the hospital & they advised me to go in on the Monday, they asked if I was spotting but it was a period. They advised that it was 2 early to have a pregnancy test, the earliest I could have a test was Wednesday. This was a few weeks ago now and I was advised If it was a period I would more than likely not be pregnant. When I went on Monday they took blood (for hyperstimulatikon).
I rang on Tuesday & they said bloods ok but test negative - But I had been told on Friday a test on Monday would be too early. The period was not as heavy as usual and it was only on one side of the tampon. It did not last as long and I was spotting after.
Can I B pregnant?
I think it maybe me just wishful thinking and I dont want to do a pregnancy test as everytime I have done in the past it has been negative.
I have put on about 2 inches round my middle and keep getting weird crampy pains.
I know I will have to do a test or wait till my next period I just wanted an opinion off someone else x
I am back at hospital on 2nd November to arrange my next treatment x x
Helenttc
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

Didn't want to read and run. I guess the only way you'll know if you're pregnant is due to a test. It sounds like if they did a blood test and it was negative then its probably unlikely but you never know.

I'm going to be having ICSI treatment in the new year, I can imagine how you pin your hopes on it working and I really hope it has for you but if not don't give up, fortunately for you there is time on your side and fingers crossed for next time.

Take care,
H xx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lizzie,
sorry you have had a -ve blood test. I would do a test. It depends how many days after ET you were. If it was 11 days post E/C (so in a normal cycle 11dpo) and the blood test was -ve (less than 5) it is unlikely you are pg sorry hun.
Also if you are on progesterone, it can delay a proper period for a while.
Its a bit mean of them not to freeze your embies - did they ask you to donate them?

Best of luck.

Julie xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular