Can I book a long haul holiday - i`m 6 weeks?!!

conypony
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:00 am 
Post subject: Can I book a long haul holiday - i`m 6 weeks?!!
I`m 6 weeks and want to book a hol to Dom Republic in June - so i`ll be 4 and a half months by then. Do you think this will be ok? We wanted to have one last nice hol together just the 2 of us!
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:14 am 
Post subject:
Hi, i think they say the safest time to fly is in the second trimester, so you should be ok. Maybe check with your midwife. Its not just the flying you need to worry about, but also, the water and food over there. Food poisoning can be very very bad. I've had it, and was on a drip in hospital for 3 days when i was about 15 weeks.

Also, i had a holiday booked to greece when i was first pregnant (pregnancy wasnt planned), and i ended up cancelling, because my mornin sickness was so bad.

Sorry to show you all of the negatives LOL! x
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:48 am 
Post subject:
PetraLou - You are still with us, any sign of little one making an entrance yet???

izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
The general guideline is that you shouldnt fly after 32 weeks, I know this can vary from company to company tho.. Maybe best to check with the tour operator.

good luck!

xxx
joliver
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Im flying to New York - think i will be 24 weeks by then and the midwife said its a good time to fly

Just make sure u get some flight socks - keep hydrated (which i struggle with now with the water) and make sure u walk about on the flight

Jo x
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:46 pm 
Post subject:
Flossie, LOL still here!! This baby is the laziest in history - ok i'm only 5 days overdue, but it feels like a lifetime. I'm being induced on Saturday if the little monkey doesnt make an appearance before then! xx
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
good luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular