Sick again :0(

aiva69
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:00 am 
Post subject: Sick again :0(
Hi everyone,

I've been looking at the forums for a few weeks now but this is my first post.

My name is Angelique and I am in my 11th week. Going for my first scan on 28th March!

About 4 weeks ago I had a bad cold, took 3 days off work and was alright but now I have a bad cold again Sad I am taking all the right vitamins and even extra vit C. I am due to go on holiday tomorrow and hope that the time off will help me to recover properly this time. I havent told anybody at work yet that I am pregnant so am worried they are going to think I am just a sickly person (which I am not).

I started my current job in January and so haven't even been here for my 3 months probation period yet *YIKES* so when I take days off for illness I dont get paid either.

Anyways, does anybody have some advice please? I guess worrying doesn't help Confused

Thank you!
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

First of all.. you do not need to have been in a certain job for a certain length of time to qaulify for maternity pay.. See

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/WorkAndFamilies/DG_10029290

I have my second scan at 23 weeks on 28 March.. so you will have to keep me updated on how it goes.

xxx
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:14 pm 
Post subject:
i had a cold for the first 18 wks of my first pregnancy, try not to worry though.. get plenty of rest if ur tired and drink loads of water.
good luck, hope u feel better soon. x
aiva69
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies for your replies and support.

Enjoy the rest of your week and I will enjoy my holiday - starting tomorrow - and try to get as much rest as I can.

xoxoxox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular