2nd cycle of ICSI failed

chickirok
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:43 pm 
Post subject: 2nd cycle of ICSI failed
Hi all

I am 27 and have currently undergone our 2nd cycle of ICSI and had blood test on Wednesday which was negative! Crying or Very sad

We have got 3 eggs frozen, but I am still so down and emotional.

I feel so alone and dont know what to do??? I can't switch my mind off and this is all I think about its driving me mad!!!!

I want to feel happy again, but I have no interest in anything or dont want to do anything.
Will this feeling go???
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, sorry I cant help you as I havent been through this. I just wanted to say Im so sorry to hear this, I know what excitement and hope you approach icsi with like its going to be your saviour so I cant begin to imagine what it must feel like to not work for the second time.

Its good you have the frozen embryo's so now I suppose you just have to allow yourself to grieve and give yourself time to recover and hopefullly you will want to try again before too long.

Good luck.
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Chickirok,

Wish I could give you a big hug!

We're due to start IVF next year and are likely to be having ICSI. I've been feeling really down this week because I feel so helpless that I'm having to rely on IVF and sad that I'll never get to experience doing a home pregnancy test and seeing it come up positive.

The hubby doesn't know what to do as he's seen me in tears twice this week and he can't do anything to solve the problem.

Knowing that we can start IVF soon is giving me hope but I dread to think about how I'll feel if it doesn't work, if I'm getting this upset now. So I can only imagine what you must be going through and you have my every sympathy. I wish I could make you feel better.

It just makes me so angry that something so natural is so hard, and its not fair that some of us have to go through this.

The only thing I guess we can do is try and focus on the positives. I have a lovely hubby, and some good friends and family who are in good health.

My advice would be, pour yourself a large glass of wine and get plenty of cuddles from your other half. Don't give up hope, my boss's wife is pregnant on her third go of IVF and you're still young enough to keep trying. It will all be worth it in the end, trust me.

Take care,
H xx
MrsE27
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Chickirok,

I'm about to start my second cycle of icsi. I feel exactly the same as you. Its very difficult to think about anything other than wanting desperately a child of our own. Everyday I think how unfair it is that what seems like everyone else falls pregnant so easily and quickly. Both my sister and best friend fell pregnant after 1 month of trying which eats away at me. I too struggle with emotionally feeling happy and its a big effort to actually go out and do anything...especially as we need to save evry penny as we try to get 6500 for another go at treatment.

Anyway, my oh has low sperm count, motility and morphology, and since we started treatment we found out I have a low ovarian reserve...so at 29 we don't have much time...just to add to the pressure. Our first cycle was successful and we thought all our dreams had come true with our baby due very close to our 30th birthdays in May next year, however I lost the baby at 6 weeks and we are devastated. Emotionally its so difficult, I am so lucky to have such a fantastic and supportive husband who I couldn't live without, but we find every day hard. Family and friends are very supportive but I feel like everyone has forgotten that we are still grieving for what could be the only baby we may have.

My concern is next time whether or not we will even be as fortunate to get pregnant, did they change anything for you the second time you had treatment. I am having my medication altered but wonder if we should be changing anything? What is the next step for you? We should be starting our next treatment with my next af.

Sorry for the long post, if you need a chat pm me
ka x
chickirok
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya MrsE27

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear about your loss. It is so difficult, we are lucky we have really supportive families and friends but they can't understand what it is like unless they have been through it.

They doubled my doses of medication and they left the egg transfer until day 3 as our first time was day2, that was all really no other changes.

I am having a break before I go for the frozen eggs transferred, we have booked a holiday to Canada to see my cousin in July and when we come back we will look at contacting the hospital to arrange.

I wish you luck for your next treatment.

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular