IVF/ICIS

Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:33 am 
Post subject: IVF/ICIS
I'd like to divorce my body please?!

I am so fed up but then i guess most of us who post here do it because we are.

I was meant to start my injections on the 30th Oct but I'm still waiting for my AF to start. I couldn't go on the pill because of the risk of stroke for me.
I phoned the clinic and they said they felt sure it would start this week but I've no idea how they can possibly know that.
I'll wait until Friday and ring them.

Thing is I think my body is going to stuff up my chances again for me and make me miss the chance of doing anything this year.
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun,

i know exactly where you are coming from - Have you started your suprecur on day 21? My AF was 7 days late, and i was getting really frustrated - and stressed cos i just wanted to get on!

Well my AF arrived late and i'm now stimming - so it does eventually come. Have they offered you provera? That is sometimes given to bring on a bleed prior to starting IVF.

If you are down-regulating with suprecur - it is really common to have a delayed af, try not to worry. The one month you really want af to come - its late! Sods Law.

Julie xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
thx for ur reply.

They didn't really say much at all except not to stress and that they thought it would come this week. My cylcle is anywhere between 26-32 days lately but so far I'm on 37. When you want it it won't come and if you don't want it BANG there it is in full glory.

Not sure what suprecur is?

Hope urs is going well have you had or are you due a scan soon?

xx
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
i'm due a follie scan on Friday 13th Shocked I'm so so hoping there will be lots - but being realistic i suppose i will be lucky if there are 10.

Suprecur is the down-regulating drug they normally prescibe (similar to lupron) to shut down your pituitary gland so they can control everything - then when they are happy everything is suppressed, they give you stimulating drugs (like follistim/ menopur) while you are still taking the suprecur until your follies are big enough - then they tell you to do the trigger (HCG) - this matures your eggs so they can be collected.
It depends which protocol you are doing when they start you on the injects. I'm doing LP (long protocol) where i started on day 21 of my cycle.

Good luck - and dont stress!

Julie xx

Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
Oh right yeah sorry being a div! They call it buserelin but I start that on day 1 of my cycle so along with cronic AF pain I'll be jabbing a needle into my leg lol.

I didn't know there were different types of protocol they've just given me a flow chart with some dates on and the drug names the second they call Gonal-F+.

You think they'd keep us all the same to make it less confusing!

Hope the 13th is lucky for you fingers crossed xx
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi to all,

though I would give aquick update - I remember before I started the IVF process I would hovver watching all the threads for any information to prepare!!

So it is only fair I give back to the community Laughing Laughing

Well now on day 9 of Buserelin injections and can honestly say they do not hurt - unless like this morning as you doing the injection the cat decides to use you leg as a scratching post (he almost got a toe where the sun don't shine!!)

Side effects are generally not too bad just feeling out of sorts and really impatient especially with the MIL (played on this a little) so hubby said may be wise to not go with him on the visit this weekend (so naughty, but gonna make the most of it Twisted Evil )

Only other side effect; AF which is regular is now two days late and boobs and bloated feeling that always get before AF is twice a bad as normal - got baseline scan booked for tueday 17th november so do not know what to do if no sign of AF by weekend? will probably call hospital tomorrow PM for advice.

Sorry for the long post. xx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Breezer - replied on the other thread.

Minxymoo,
There are lots of different types of stimms - i think gonal f is just a bit more expensive (i think its a better drug TBH). I would have preferred that to the menopur.

Hope all well,

Julie xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular