lack of weight gain

sujit
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:48 pm 
Post subject: lack of weight gain
hi
my wife is in her 31st week of pregnancy and for the past 2 months her weight has been consistant at 85 kgs, her weight.
our doctor has prescribed protein supplements as additional prescriptions
the tests of my wife and the sonography done on 4th march indicate no adnormalities in either child or mother.

what would this indicate
what are the risks of no weight gain- constant weight

sujit
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hello there - Some ladies do not put on hardly any weight at all, I think as long as you eat a good balanced healthy diet then there is no need to worry. I certainly weighed less than that at 30 plus weeks with my first child, however, of course this would differ with height and build etc.
I am sure if consultant was concerned about anything they would carry out further tests. I am very pleased to hear your scan results and mother and baby are doing well.

Kind regards, Flossie.

Sakura
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:42 am 
Post subject:
hey there!

as long as your Mrs is eating healthily i wouldnt worry too much about her not putting on much weight. we're all such different builds, sizes and shapes, have different metabolisms, some people scoff loads of choc and put nothing on, others just have to walk past a cake shop and put on 2 stone!! docs cant expect women to follow an exact weight gain pattern.

with my first son i put on a total of 6 and a half stone, im nearly 37 weeks with 2nd son and have put on almost 5 stone again! yet one friend i know went 2 weeks overdue and had only put on 1 stone and another who said she only put on 10lb and her baby was 7lb of that!

as long as they have confirmed Mrs and baby are okay thats the main thing!

good luck x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular