Does anyone have a really easy chicken curry recipe?

Luper
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:40 pm 
Post subject: Does anyone have a really easy chicken curry recipe?
I want a really basic chicken curry recipe - one that you don't need a million ingredients for! Any ideas?
kate1975
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:49 pm 
Post subject:
If you want a super easy one then you can buy the jars of Pataks pastes so you dont need all the spices etc. I sometimes have the balti one and you just add, chicken, toms, onion, water and a spoonful of the paste and its really nice x
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:25 am 
Post subject:
Cheers Kate! Never tried those but will give it a go. Having curry cravings!
xCupcakex
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:27 am 
Post subject:
I reallt like the Lloyd Grossman curry sauces - they are soooo yummy!!!

RorosMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
I'd vote out of a jar too. Just mix the sauce into your fave meat and veg and you get something tasty with very little effort. Tescos do loads of different varieties.
spurgie
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:42 am 
Post subject: easy peasy
hey hun

this is a nice easy one that i do quite a lot, because my little boy can eat it as it isnt too hot. if you like yours a bit hotter, you could take some of it out once it is cooked, for any little people and then add more curry powder or paste.

chop up your chicken, an onion, some mushrooms (sometimes i use sweet potato instead of mushrooms if i fancy a change), put all in a wok/large frying pan.

put in a can of coconut milk and about 300ml of water or chicken stock. bring to the boil then turn down and simmer for about 25 min. whilst simmering, add curry powder to taste depending on how hot you want it - i use medium strength powder.

easy peasy!!
xx
toxicmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:58 am 
Post subject:
kate1975 wrote:
If you want a super easy one then you can buy the jars of Pataks pastes so you dont need all the spices etc. I sometimes have the balti one and you just add, chicken, toms, onion, water and a spoonful of the paste and its really nice x

I vote Pataks too - great range of pastes and you can vary the strength according to taste. Mmmmmmm - want curry now!
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:49 am 
Post subject:
i got mine from weight watchers.

fry diced chicken untill cooked
add peppers / onion/ mushroom/ rasiens what ever you want in there.
add a tin of cream of chicken soup.
tbl spoon of curry powder (how ever hot you want it really)
cook untill soup heated thro.

walla!!!!!! Very Happy

Deecee24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:20 am 
Post subject:
Homepride curry sauce. Dice some onions mushrooms and your chicken. Fry in a wok. Add sauce and boil rice. Takes 30 minute easy peasy. Even my daughter eats it its her fave.
x

happydiee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:49 pm 
Post subject:
we used to do this at work for every one as it was cheap and cheer ful

chicken potatoes, onions, and peppers and tomatos

cook it all together add a few spoons of curry paste or powder.. cook it right down so the tomatos and the onion cook down so much it turns into the sauce, or if you not got time use some cream or milk to make the sauce

kiky
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
Here it's a recipe that has worked for me do good that you wouldn't believe I got it from a recipe exchange site...

take note

3 cups water
3-5 sprigs Thai basil
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1/2 lb eggplant
1 tablespoon red curry paste
1 cup coconut milk
1 chicken breast

Step 1
I use Thai eggplants, the golf ball size ones. But, they can be difficult to find. Regular eggplants that you find in supermarkets are a good substitute. If you have the Thai eggplants, cut them up into quarters. If you have the regular eggplants, cut them into bite size pieces. Wash and pick the basil leaves.

Step 2
Cut up the chicken into bite size pieces. If you have this dish in Thailand, you will see that the chicken comes with bones. All parts such as legs and thighs can be used. The bones make the curry more flavorful.

Step 3
Pour half of the coconut milk into a large pot, over low to medium low heat. Add the red curry paste. Break up the paste and mix it with coconut milk. Stir constantly. Lower the heat if it splatters too much. Add chicken when you see red oil bubbling on top. Stir and coat chicken with curry sauce. Add the eggplant when chicken starts to turn white. Add the rest of the coconut milk and water and the fish sauce. Let it boil until all the eggplant pieces turn dark and tender. The longer you boil the curry, the thicker the curry becomes because the eggplant disintegrates and thickens the sauce. Add the basil leaves just before you serve and make sure the leaves are submerged quickly in the curry to preserve the color.

Step 4
Serve hot with rice or rice noodles, and ENJOY Very Happy!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular