Has anyone had this happen?

MorbidlyObeseStripper
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:14 am 
Post subject: Has anyone had this happen?
First, I'm 36 week pregnant. I don't know if I'd call myself constipated or not, but I haven't had a normal bowel movement in about 2 weeks. Every 2 to 3 days I'll try to go and get 3 or 4 the size of cherries to come out. Only once in those two weeks have I gotten more than that... about 3/4 of a cup or so. I definitely eat a whole lot more than that. I haven't really been able to pass gas either. Whenever I move a certain way sometimes I feel a TON of gas moving around in there, but it doesn't come out. I'm guessing with all that's impacted in there and the baby as well something may be blocking it. I've been drinking prune juice for about 3 1/2 hours now. I've only had two glasses, but I've also used a glycerin suppository. Nothing's worked so far. How harmful is this and should I be worried?

Second, this is were it get's a bit difficult to explain, now it's gotten to the point where I'm in extreme pain whenever I do try to have a bowel movement. Every time I have pressure or the urge to push or while I am pushing to 'poop', I have extreme pain that runs down the left side of my lower back to my butt and into my foot. It's like the poop or the baby is pushing on a nerve in my back/butt. It's extremely painful, so much so that it's brought me to yelps and tears quite a few times tonight and my left foot has been numb/asleep for the last 15 minutes. I'm worried about this and I'm not sure if I should go to the hospital or not. It seems like a unique situation so if anyone has been through this and has any advise to offer, please do.

Sorry about the graphicness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular