A bit concerned

MorganL
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:44 pm 
Post subject: A bit concerned
Hi ladies,

I'm now two months post methotrexate. My first AF started on 11th November and so I'm guessing that I would have ovulated at some point last week. Me and OH have been having sex but it's been protected sex. Today however I am feeling horrendous. I feel very similar to the way I did when I first found out I was pregnant before.

It might be that I'm ovulating now or have done recently but has anyone experienced more prominent symptoms around ovulation since having an ectopic?

What if I was pregnant? Would I have to abort the baby because of the methotrexate? I know it's really unlikely but having had the methotrexate has made me really paranoid about getting pregnant and I even avoided having sex for weeks after I got the all clear because of it.

Would love it if anyone has any experience or anything at all to advise xx

My Ovulation Chart
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Morgan,

Try not to wory hun, if you've been using protection its unlikely.
I doubt that it would be the end of the world either if you were - just a much higher risk of m/c - thats why they advise the 3 month wait.

I actually got pg (chemical) the 1st cycle after my EP, but i didnt have the meth (and it was about 3 months later anyway) - i think things are beginning to sort themselves out and your body starting to ovulate is a good sign thats its returning to normal.

Not long now hun

Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Claireypoo
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi MorganL, it make take a bit for your hormones and everything to settle back down after the eptopic so could be bit of that. I had a eptopic but didnt have the drugs (was told to wait 3mnths b4 ttc) but I did loose my tube and ever since my periods and hormones have been all over the place! I used to have 28 day cycles 4 days bleeding (sorry tmi) no PMS no other symptoms then after the eptopic I had one monthly cycle (loads of sore boobs, pains, PMS, heavy flow, cramps) and then a 3 day bleed every two weeks? god knows what goes on in there but hopefully will sort itself out. Its early days yet. If you were using protection chances are everything will be fine if your worried or unsure id get intough with your doctors no harm in asking. Good Luck for the future x
MorganL
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:18 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, I feel a little bit reassured now

Still feeling unwell but having AF symptoms now. Feel sick but have terrible backache. Am hoping it's AF tbh. The sooner I get it out of the way the better.

Have done a pregnany test and it was negative. Have done an ovulation test and there was a line but it was really faint but I have PCOS and Lou said in the ttc forum that people with PCOS can get faint lines even when not ovulating.

Getting AF will be the best thing to happen!

xx

My Ovulation Chart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular