does anyone know?

wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:08 pm 
Post subject: does anyone know?
how i would find my sister who was adopted.

she was adopted out by my mum because my mum was only 16 had run away from home and couldnt cope (it was 60s or 70s at the time so it was harder for single mums)

anyways she got in contact with my aunite a couple of years ago but my mum didnt want to get in contact with her (possibly because of me but possibly coz she wasnt concieved in the nciest of circumstances either)

ive asked my mum for her phone number as im curious but my mum being my mum just said no leave it with me and left it at that... i know she isnt going to do anything.

am i wrong for wanting to know her? ive grown up with several brothers and would ahve loved a sister but doesnt look like im going to be in contact with her ever which upsets me.

so does anyone know if its possible to find her. i know her first name and obviuosly the name of my mum when she had her. i know roughly when she was born (what year!) and where roughly but thats about it.

aparently she lives in gloucester though!

i understand if i get no replies as its not an easy question to answer? but if anyone knows it would really help me!
KatieMaysMummyx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hi chick.......

I cant help you with an answer but I thought I'd let u know that I am kind of in the same boat - looking for someone.

My dad had a son when he was young - he took him to see my grandparents on his side once and no-one has ever seen this little boy again ! My dad however, has never told me this.... it was my uncle (dad's brother) ...so I dont really want to ask but would be really interested in finding him ....

I don't know anything about him except for his name and he would be around 26-27 now...

So i'd also be really grateful of some info on this if anyone has any xxxx
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi your best bet would be to contact social services and ask them, they will point you in the right direction xxxx
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:50 pm 
Post subject: Re finding your sister
Try Norcap register first. She may be listed. Try facebook etc, but be careful how you approach. I am adopted and my biggest fear was being a rape child. Not sure if that was what you were implying, but I would handle the situation very carefully and suggest counselling. Its horrible being adopted, growing up feeling liek there is something wrong with you, adn never quite fitting in. Try and remember that if she becomes hostile, its years of self loathing coming out. xxxx
lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:02 pm 
Post subject:
ok vegancrispaddict i dont mean to sound horrible but i couldnt disagree with you more, i am adopted an i dont think it is in anyway horrible, yes there a times when you feel like no body understands but not once have i found it horrible or felt like an outcast, i am very greatful for what my adoptive parents have given me and how they have raised me, i know the circumstances as to why im adopted aswell and its because my mother tried to smother me when i was 4 weeks old, i was in foster care then until i was 14 months old and adopted, i also know that my birth mother was an alcohol/drug addict and you know what i wouldnt have it any other way and if this offends you then so be it but im glad im adopted otherwise i might not be here or i could of had a really hard life!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular