thumsucking

divu
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:23 am 
Post subject: thumsucking
hi friends,
i am divu and i have a six month old kiddo...the problem i am concerned with is thumsucking...i dunno how to stop it...i dont want to use pacifiers....n she doesnt like tht..is there any home made remedies for thumb sucking or how can i stop tht?its really annoying me...can u suggest some tips
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:47 am 
Post subject:
Divu at that age i wouldnt worry to much, thumb sucking if a form of self comfort. She will use her thumb when upset or if she wakes in the night to settle herself again. Many young ones grow out of it on their own. She may be beginning to have a tooth coming through so is sucking more to help ease the pain. My son uses a pacifier, 1- he chews on it when he is teething and 2- it helps keep his milk down as he is a cronic spiller. Honestly though its a little early to be concerned.
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:07 pm 
Post subject:
thank u frend....i feel easy if somebody shares some ideas with me...and reagarding solids she used to take before very well n now for present she is not having properly..i have to force her every spoon which is very frustrating.....so i give only when she cries n it is nearly 5 hours gap between the food in taking.....
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
Yea sounds like she may be teething. Hunter was really good at solids then when teething started he went off them for several weeks, I just kept offering them just in case he wanted them but topped him up with bottles again. He started eating really well once the tooth popped through and now another one is coming!!! Mad LOL. As long as she is still looking healthy and you arnt concerned about anything else, just let her guide you. Unless babys are sick they wont let themselves go hungry Very Happy
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:22 am 
Post subject:
try giving her a teether to put in her mouth instead.

divu
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:02 am 
Post subject:
hmm..i wil try tht..seems to be better option...
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:37 am 
Post subject:
gd luck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular