Out of Town?

lisamarie1807
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:39 am 
Post subject: Out of Town?
Hi there. It is August 3rd, and my son is 4 days old tonight. I was thinking of going back to my home town which is about 3 1/2 hours away from where i live now with my baby around the 15th this month... I would be taking the Greyhound Bus there and back with him. Do you think that this is too early to be going anywhere especially out of town for a few days with him this young? should I wait to introduce him to the rest of my family??
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:19 am 
Post subject:
Hi there, my son was only a week old when we travelled but we were in a car and were able to stop when needed. If you feel comfortable that your baby will sleep ok on you and feeding isnt an issue on the bus then I dont see any problem. Go with your gut feeling, it normally knows best! Very Happy
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:25 am 
Post subject:
hey lisamarie - agree with hunter.

there is another option - could your family come and visit you rather than you travelling with your little one?
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:22 pm 
Post subject: out of town
thanks ladies..
well my family is very low income and unfortunately dont own vehicles.
I guess i will just have to wait and see how im feeling about this as the time approaches. thanks so much for the advice Very Happy
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
hi lisamarie,

can sometimes be easier taking them when they are younger than older as they will just sleep for most of journey. do wotver u feel comfortable with:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular