When did u start showing?, and when did u go on mat leave ?

topspom
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:51 pm 
Post subject: When did u start showing?, and when did u go on mat leave ?
Hi Twin Mummies,

Just a couple of questions for you all:

When did you start showing? I am nearly 14 weeks and apart from my jeans being a bit tight, and looking like I have been eating more pies lately, I am hardly showing. I thought I might show more with twins. I am usually a size 10 so would notice it.

Also, when the midwife listens to the heart beats can she manage to listen to them both? It must be hard to distinguish between them. Confused

Third thing- those of you who have already had your bubbas, or are about to, when did you go on mat leave? It is quite hard to judge when to plan to finish, bearing in mind that they will probably be born 2-4 weeks before their due date, and my job is quite physical?

I would love to hear your experiences/get your advice..?? Smile

xxx
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
ive repiled to your message in general preg hun x
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:38 am 
Post subject:
Hey I took ages to start showing as well hun. I'd say prob about the 16 week mark. Even now though, people can't believe it when I tell them I'm 6 months pregnant with twins.

Also, MW listened to the babies heartbeats for the first time last week and she just put the doppler to each side of my belly and each time you could hear one heartbeat Confused Thought you would hear the two at the same time but oh well, she seemed happy enough with it. x

topspom
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the reply. I guess everyone is different in terms of when they need to go off on Mat leave. I am a self employed Physiotherapist, so will need to organise cover for when I am off. I am thinking that it might be better to not leave it too late in case something happens and I have to have them quite early. Idea

Jump to:  

Community

Popular