Hello, this is my week....!!

Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:27 am 
Post subject: Hello, this is my week....!!
Hiya - no messages for a few days so i thought i'd say hi!

my oh had his v. reversal last week so i've been very pre occupied to say the least! and it was one of the boys 11th birthday on sunday.

we told the kids oh had had an op on his knee - they have been a bit of a handful though usually really good but seem to have been really hypa! and i'm terrified they are going to knock into oh feel like i'm living on my nerves! we aren't sleeping that well either as i'm worried of knocking oh and hes uncomfortable! he seems to be improving a bit which is great news hate seeing him in pain and feel very protective of him!!

Hope everyones ok and having a good week?!! x
xDebsx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:17 am 
Post subject:
Hey hun

Congratulations on the reversal hun - hope all went smooth for you and your OH heels up nice and quick. I dont know much about reversals etc and how long it takes before you can start ttc but hope its not too long and loads of baby dust to you!!

I hope the boys don't knock into your OH hun - must be so uncomfortable for him - but will all be worth it in the end Very Happy

Hope you don't mind me asking hun but was wondering if your step sons know that you and OH would like a baby one day or is it not something you speak about? We were always very open with OH daughter about the fact that we were going to have a baby together one day (she was a bit older than your boys though), I don't think she really took it on board - like most kids is just interested in what is happening now not what might happen in the future but I think when we got pg it did slightly lessen the shock for her. We also made it clear that we would want to have 2 babies together eventually which I kinda thought wouldn't be an issue as we already have Thomas but when I got pg this time it seemed that she took it worse than the first time round Confused Was just wondering what your opinions are on this - did we do the right thing or would we have been better to keep it to our selves until something happened?

xx

Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
good questions!!!

Oh is doing ok thanks - still in a fair bit of pain and pretty uncomfortable but getting there thanks for asking Smile

well tbh i knew when i met my oh he had had a vasectomy and i hadn't even considered babies.... at that stage! then as time went on things changed..... the boys mum has told them daddy had a op to stop him having babies as it did come up and while ago so i don't think it has ever crossed their minds since (which as you can imagine really upset me) we have never spoken about babies to them and until we get a bfp there is no point as the odds are not great for us Sad (so sad) .
They are very close to their dad and should (fingers crossed so tight!!) it ever happen my oh is very good at telling them how things are and they are very clear of their place in our family so I think will be ok my son on the other hand may hit the jelously as he did when his dad had another but then they handled it very badly and he didn't know where he stood still doesn't i don't think.

I don't think there is ever a right or wrong in these situations!! (normally never win!! lol!!)Hope you are not still snowed in!!

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Step Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular