SPD quey

varweb
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:04 am 
Post subject: SPD quey
I had a baby twelve years ago and broke my pelvis..... im now pregnant again and concerned the same thing will happen. doesanyone have any experience of this?
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:28 pm 
Post subject:
omg was the baby big xx
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:52 am 
Post subject:
No, the baby ws little really, just over 6lbs. Its quite a story really. I was taken into hospital Xmas day with pre-eclampsia, baby wasn't due till 15 January. A couple of days after being in hosital i had taken a shower, was on my way back to the bed and i slipped on the wet floor, landed smack on my bottom and broke my pelvis in two places! Couldn't move after that. the pain when i tried was excruciating...... 2 January i was induced and had a healthy baby boy Very Happy I Walked for the first time that day. Full recovery took some time and treatment but it was all worth it as my boy was just a dream! One thing everyone says is..... ' was the labour more painfull' My reply is... Well he was my first and i had nothing to compare it to but i think, with a prlvis broken there was nothing stopping him when he was coming. Every cloud has a silver lining and i had a wonderful gift in my son... who is now a young man Very Happy
bloominglovely
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:04 pm 
Post subject:
i suffer from spd, when i was 13years old i got run over and my pelvis didnt mend properly so it was weak, i started with spd when i was about 24wks pregnant with my 1st child and ended up being induced at 36weeks because of the pain, my son was born at 36wks weighing 7lbs 13oz, with my 2nd child the spd started at 10wks and i was in excrutiating pain all the way through my pregnancy and i had to wear a fembrace and have physio, again i was induced but at this time i was induced at 34 weeks, but my daughter at 34 weeks weighed 6lbs 6oz.(so really im grateful they where born early lol) both labours i had to have an epidural and now im pregnant with child number 3 so im going to try and take a higher calcium supplement and go to physio early. hope my story helps.
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
i know how you feel! i had spd with 1st from 15 weeks and am 37 weeks with 2nd and the pain is unbelievable it started at just 7 weeks.

im soooooooo fed up with it, none of the physio etc seems to work and my hubby is constantly having to help me sit up, lay down, turn over in bed etc its a very debilitating condition.

only few weeks to go now though!! iv also had arthritis since age of 9 so perhaps thats why im more suseptible to it like you were with your accident?

well done for coping with it though!! xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular