need advise - please help!

shan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:04 am 
Post subject: need advise - please help!
hiya people,

I need a little bit of help. My big sister is pregnant (Due in september), and for the first week she is staying at our house because the council haven't sorted out a place for her to live. I wanted to help her out a bit and learn how to look after the baby so she can rest from time to time. I'm 13 years old and my sister is 21 years old and it's her first.

Please can you give me some advise on how i can help her out and things i should be careful of and watch out for. I have read through some of the articals on this website but not everything makes sence to me and i would like second opions.

So please anyone who thinks they have info that could help me or you have children of your own and you've picked up some tips along the way, share them with a curious girl who wants to help her sis.

Thanks!

Fron Shannon . R

xox[/b]

Last edited by shan on Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carleigh
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
offer to do some feeds or change the babies nappy to give your sister a rest occasionally. you could also offer to take the baby for a walk in its pushchair to give your sister some time to sleep, but don't over do it as your only 13.

i hope that has helped you a little, gongratulations for your sister and good luck,

from carleigh xx
elsiemum
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:11 pm 
Post subject:
What a lovely post!! If your sister bottle feeds, you could give the bottle from time to time and if she breastfeeds, you cold hold the baby a while in between feeds just to cuddle him/her and give your sister a little time. Babies love being held, stroked, sung to - you'll be good at all of those! I agree that you could definitely do some nappy changing. You'll love having a baby around and I'm sure your sister will love having you to help.
xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
awwww id love to have a lil sis like u xx
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:11 am 
Post subject:
aww how sweet r u???? Just offer her a helping hand from time to time if u feel she needs it. xx

*Our beautiful twins are safe in heaven*
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:46 am 
Post subject:
maybe u cud make bottles up? sterilise bottles? nappy changes? take baby out for a walk to let ur sister get some rest. just anythign she luks like she cud do with a hand with.

k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:20 pm 
Post subject:
awwww-how lovely are you!!! Very Happy

Just do what all the other ladies have said and maybe even offer to look after baby while she has a nice relaxing bath or offer to go to shops for her if she needs anything-this would be a big help!

xxxx
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
What a lovely sister you are! Just offering to watch baby, or hold it whilst your sis has a rest I'm sure she would love. The most helpful of my friends and family are those who will hold Poppy, even when she is being a bit grumpy or crying. It's so nice to not have to take her back every time she so much as wimpers. You could even learn how to wind the baby maybe? Then you can take the baby once your sister has fed if she is breastfeeding.

As someone else says, don't take on too much, I'm sure your sis will be grateful of any help you offer.

Good luck.

LD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular