New Baby vs Finance!

Tim
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:12 pm 
Post subject: New Baby vs Finance!
We have a baby due in Feb 08, just planning ahead with finances.... My partner is working now but we are planning to move soon and she will not work till after the baby is born, will there be any benefits we can get or tax credits, if so how much? It seems a bit daunting the thought of going back to one income when the baby is born.
Wurlywoo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I am in a similar boat financially that is, I work and I am the higher earner we have a big mortgage that eats up half of my wages every month and we have had to buy a new car too, we are barely scraping by as it is let alone when the baby comes.

I know that you might be able to apply for a maternity grant (well your partner will be able to!) investigate how much you could be entitled to with working tax credits and working family tax credits all of this info you can find out about on the Inland Revenue site. snd dont forget you will get child benefit too.

I know how you feel I can only have 4 months off with my baby as that's all I get on full pay and there is no way I can afford to go to Statutory Matenity pay which Is 112 a week! nowhere near enough to cover the mortgage!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Expectingorbringingupchildren/index.htm?cids=Google_PPC&cre=Moneyn

I hope that helps anyway..

[url][/url]
daddycool
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:25 am 
Post subject: Money?????
Hi ppl,

I see im not the only one worried about money for when your babys born!!!!

My girls due on 17th february 2008 ( MY BDAY) and Im so worried about our money, Ive been working temp for the past couple of munfs in factories and warehouses etc...where i live it is so hard to get a full time job as the jobs are few and far between and there has been a big influx of foreigners looking for work aswel, but Ive just got my break in a manufacturing firm earning 3x as much muny as I have ever earned before!

It has made everything so easy and now I can concentrate on not bein worried about were i am gonna get all the neccesaties that our littln needs......and enjoy the fact it is happening, coz you have to admit it does take up a lot of thinking time if your skint.

There is a light at the end of the long dark money worry tunnel for all of us......dont worry.

I hope everything is going well for everyone and good luck!

Sam (21) Cool
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular