im 14 weeks pregnant and trying to sort things out

vickifrod
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:26 pm 
Post subject: im 14 weeks pregnant and trying to sort things out
hi im 14 weeks pregnant and i live with my parents, the baby's father doesnt want too know. and i am stuck with living at home, ive applied for housing at our local council and housing asscoiations, i know it'll be good having the support at home, but theres not enough room for me and the baby when it arrives.
there is also the problem with my brother, we always argue and it causes alot of stress, so when the baby comes i dont realy want it to be in that sort of environment. plus i can see the situation with me and my brother getting worse once the baby is here.

i cant afford to rent privatly in the area i live in, they ask 400 a month and i just cant afford it.

can any1 advice me on what they would do. and if i stayed at home how would i fit a baby in a small box room with me.
chet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:58 pm 
Post subject: Things will work out
I am 15 weeks this week, however I am not in your situation. My friend housed a pregnant friend who lived in her spare room which was pretty much a box. She managed just fine. For the first few months a baby can easily sleep in a bassinet which doesn't take up much room. It isn't as though you will be locked up in you room 24/7. I think your brother needs to grow up and mature, I think you need to inform him that you are older and he needs to respect you and your space. Have you spoke to your parents about your brother??? Perhaps you telling him will do NO good, perhaps a parent saying something will put a stop to the problem. This is my 4 pregnancy but only my second child, so since we are pretty close in duration. Should you have any question feel free to ask. I really don't think it is a good idea to attempt to find your own place since you know you can't afford it. Having a baby is very expensive and stressful the first time. Also I would definately go after the father of the child to help with pay. Say a few months after you have the baby, see about finding a freind to whom you can rent with to make it more affordable.
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Vickifrod

I work for a local authority and if your parents offer you a home you will not be seen as a priority case, I understand how frustrating that may sound but it may end up your parents will need to write a letter to your Allocation Officer saying they cannot house you under any circumstances. It may help your case a little if the situation with your brother has ever become dangerous or if he has any issues ie maybe a drug user or some mental health issues. I hope that may have been of some help to you but local authority housing is a minefield, the CAB are brilliant and can write letters and give you legal advice if you needed it.
Good luck, Flossie xx

lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:11 pm 
Post subject:
i agree with flossie my cousin is 35 weeks pregnant and they have just offerd her a 1 bed flat in the worst area going once ther u never get out so watch what ur doing good luck xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular