SMP question

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:37 pm 
Post subject: SMP question
I have a query....

I work 16hrs a wk & pay no tax i dont N.I - i only say this as i have not had a payslip for just 16hrs a wk yet as i was owed holiday i couldnt take so they are paying me 1 extra day a wk at the mo.

If i work just 16 hrs a wk and dont pay tax or N.I would i be entitled to SMP further down the line ?
Its the only reason I am staying there at the mo but i cant work out if i would be entitled to it or not !!

mum2JJnMnA
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
I had this problem. I work 16 hours a week and got paid like 93 so i spoke to my boss, told him i wanted a baby but that i would need paying 95 a week minimum to qualify for smp. I got my pay rise! A whole 2.
Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:16 pm 
Post subject:
i get paid over 95 a week so that wouldnt be a problem but as i wont be paying tax & I Think N.I with working just 16 hrs a week i dont know if i qulify

do u pay tax and N.I ?

mum2JJnMnA
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 am 
Post subject:
Hi, no i dont pay national insurance or tax and as far as i know im entitled to SMP, i spoke to my accountant when i was ttc as she said as long as i got a miminum 95 a week it was fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular