Dentist treatment

erj74
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:00 pm 
Post subject: Dentist treatment
I had a crown fall out tyhis morning leaving me with a lovely big hole in my tooth - does anyone know how late in your preganancy you can have dental treatment? I'm 26 weeks and don't know if I should be having an injection or not!
Thanks
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
Dentistry is very safe in pregnancy - just make sure they are aware as x rays should be avoided, however, local anaesthetic is absolutely fine all the way through pregnancy. Flossie xx
cardea
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:32 am 
Post subject: dentist
Hi ! Yeap you should be fine ! As long as you don't have an xray. Can you imagine having to have dental treatment with no injection ??!!! Medieval torture ! Us poor women have enough to go through !
gingin
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:38 pm 
Post subject:
hey my other half is a dentist i will ask him tonight for you, do you have the crown ? if its a newish one it could just need recemting and wouldnt involve any injections etc but will ask him
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
ooooooooo, i hate the dentist!!!!! Shocked had bad experiance once when they hit a nerve when giving me that numbing jag for a filling. my eye had doublr vision for 5 mins, scarred the [*@!#%*] outta me. Confused

my sis had fillings when she was pregnant and had the numbing jag too so i'd say it'd be ok.

good luck!! rather you than me! lol!!
Laughing
kimberley xo
erj74
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:47 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for all your replies - had my crown refitted and it was pain free with no injection required, thank god!!

My dentist has told me any further treatment will now have to wait until after the baby arrives so hopefully the crown won't come out again Confused

xx
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:36 pm 
Post subject:
I went to the dentist yesterda oddly enough and they said i should be fine with local however depending on the extent of damage they ma just "dress" it until after the birth not quite sure wat that means! =)

xxx
gingin
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
from other half the dentist : says you can have dental treatment anytime durinng pregnancy just make sure they use a local anaesthetic with no adrenalin - you shouldnt leave it long though as you run a risk of infection and that will be far more trouble than you need - so get to your dentist asap

g
x
AgnesP
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
As long as it is only about replacing a crown or having a simple tooth filling, I do not think that there is any problem with dental treatment. Of course you should avoid x-rays if possible. This may become a problem if you need a root canal treatment.

The subject is discussed in detail in this article :
http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/abyss/Root-Canal-07-Pregnancy.htm
lisamummy
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
when you make your appointment ask the dentist then, every time i visit the dentist he always asks if i could be pregnant, i think it's normal routine 4 my dentist to ask, or a hint that ive put weight on since he last saw me lol Razz Razz Razz Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular