I spend most of my 1st labour being a bridesmaid!

bumpno2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:51 pm 
Post subject: I spend most of my 1st labour being a bridesmaid!
I'm due to have my second baby on the 5th May. My husband and i have a lovely 16 month old son and we can't wait to meet his new brother or sister.
I went into labour 4 days early. It started at 4am on the morning of my sister's wedding! I turned over in bed and felt a bit wet but didn't think too much about it until i stood up and more water started to gush down my legs. I knew it wasn't urine as amniotic fluid smells sweet. I went to lie on the settee and my contractions started 30mins later. I just had slight pains in my lower back and they were coming every 30mins or so. I phoned the hospital and they told me to come in at 8am. When i got there i explained that i was due to be my sister's chief bridemaid! I was examined and put on the CTG monitor for a couple of hours. Everything was fine and i left to have my hair and makeup done for the wedding. I managed to attend the entire wedding whilst in labour! I didn't have any abdmoninal pains just some back ache during the day. The wedding was at 2pm and then i went back to the hospital at 4pm for a check up and they sent me back for the wedding meal at 5pm. My dad knew i was in labour but we didn't tell my sister or my mum as i didn't want to detract anything from my sister's big day! I ate the whole 4 course meal which was lovely and even managed a couple of dances! We finally told the bride, groom and my mum at 9pm that i had been in labour all day at 9pm and we left for another checkup. Again the midwife was happy and we were sent home again at midnight. As soon as i got home the contractions were almost continuous and the only relief i got was to lean up against the bath. I went back in to the hospital at 2am and the midwife was amazed to learn that i was 8CM DILATED! I was rushed to the delivery suite where i was given gas & air. It was amazing, the pain went completly and i felt that i'd had a bit to drink! Our beautiful baby son was born at 5.41am. The pushing part was very sore especially delivering the head and then the body. I felt i'd been ripped open!! But i didn't have any tears and we were so excited and full of love for our baby. The pain does go instantly the baby is born so please don't worry too much about labour!!
Good luck to everyone! Smile

Last edited by bumpno2 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
wow hope it all goes well this time im due 16th may cant wait xx
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
Susiebabe - What a lovely lovely story brought tears to my eyes!! Pregnancy hormones again....
Hope you have a lovely experience again - obviously without the excitement of a wedding.

Flossie xx

k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:15 pm 
Post subject:
That realy is a lovely story-but you were in labour for ages!!!!!!! Thats what im dreading!!!! id love to go to hospital straight away-pop it out and then go straight home, but i know that will never ever happen. ha ha -keep dreaming eh?!? good luck xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular