6 weeks pregnant and so tired!

rosiemarie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:55 pm 
Post subject: 6 weeks pregnant and so tired!
This is my first pregnancy so Im not quite sure what to expect. Im six weeks pregnant and for the last week and a half I am constantly tired no matter how much sleep I get! Is this normal and if so how long does it last?
prawnette
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
this apparently is normal. i am nearly 9 weeks and still at that stage. the more i sleep the worse i am. i cant bloody win. i think it it is your body getting used to the hormones. so nothing to worry about. the best thing i found is fresh air and plenty of water.

congratulations by the way.

Jo
x x
rosiemarie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks same to you!
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
im 32 weeks and cant sleep so get it now lol while u can xxx
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:27 pm 
Post subject:
im still tired at 15 weeks although i do work plus chase around a 2 and 3 year old most of the day!
LucyJ
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:23 am 
Post subject:
I'm nearly 7 weeks and know what you mean. My work colleagues keep asking if I'm ok as I keep going off in a bit of a daze and just want to sleep all the time.
It's not just the tiredness, I just can't be bothered to do anything either, which is not like my usual self at all. Is anyone else feeling like this?
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:27 am 
Post subject: Tiredness
I'm in my sixth week as well and have definitely noticed the tiredness thing. I'm usually a real night owl but I have been getting really tired at about 9.30 every evening and have been having plenty of early nights. I also feel in a bit of a daze, so I'm not particularly motivated to do things. I'm lucky though - it's so exciting being pregnant for the first time!
CL
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Girls I am 26 wks and to be honest during the week when at work I am in bed by 9 so not sure it does get better.I do have to commute so have quite a long working day so to be honest if I am tired i will sleep. Hope you start to feel not so sleepy soon. Remember though if you are tired ,sleep dont feel bad your doing an important job. Take Care xx
bloominglovely
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:09 pm 
Post subject:
im 6 wks and im being hit with the tiredness too, i went to bed last night early and my 7year old daughter said "wow mum your going to bed early" just shows what a night owl i usualy am lol. I dont really have many other symptons, my bb's are ok and I have cramping but nothing too bad, my skin has gone awful and my face has broken out, but it is generally the tiredness at the mo.
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
Glad to know Im not the only one going through this then! It will be all worth it, in the end.
pommie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:47 am 
Post subject:
i am 17 weeks pregnant and i found that i was very tired at the beginning but the tiredness does ease up the further along you go
Deanobaby
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:41 am 
Post subject:
I'm 9 weeks now and feeling so tired all the time, hoping it gets better as my job is a very manual one and I could sleep standing some days LOL.

Amandaxx
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
I think everything started to even out for me and I felt happy not depressed and not so tired around 15 weeks.

Keep us updated xxx
morwen
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
Yes, tiredness was by far the worst symptom for me. For about two months I was going to bed at about 8.30 PM on a work night, and sleeping for a couple of hours during the day at weekends.

I think it started to improve for me at around 12 weeks, and I finally felt back to "normal" at about 15-16 weeks. Now at 18 weeks, my energy has returned completely. Were it not for my small bump, I wouldn't feel pregnant at all ...!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular