Palpitations in pregnancy

tealbutterfly
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:24 pm 
Post subject: Palpitations in pregnancy
Went to the hospital over the weekend because i have been having palpitations. The doctor says's it can be quite normal in some pregnancies and that it may even get worse. I'm only 10 weeks,....

Has anybody else experienced this. It's such a horrible feeling! Crying or Very sad
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:16 am 
Post subject: xx
hiya and congrats on ya pregnancy. not to sound dumb but what are they??
just wanted to wish ya luck x
tealbutterfly
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:13 am 
Post subject:
It is when your heartbeat is either irregular or when it speeds up. So would feel like your heart is racing. really horrible feeling.
booter
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:40 am 
Post subject:
HI tealbutterfly,

Palpatations are extremely common, I get them sometimes. They can be caused by a multitude of things. During pregnancy many things change in your body with massive changes to your vital organs. Eventually, after you enter the 3rd trimester your heart will have tilted, become larger and will be 50% more effective. Also, acidic foods can give you palpatations. Next time you get them, try not to panic as that can make them worse.
k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:59 pm 
Post subject:
hey dont worry-im 10 weeks now and get palpitations quite a lot. it was scary at first until i knew it was common. now i ecpect them!!he he xx
mwjm86
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:12 pm 
Post subject: Butterfly's in my Heart!!
I am now 19 weeks preg and I am still having this heart butterfly. It feels like my heart is off beat and it makes me feel light headed and VERY wiered.. I went to the cardio. dr and he was such a jerk.. He really hurt my feelings b/c i am not exactly the smallest preg woman in the world. What should I do I am still having these issues and I am worried that it may be hurting my baby. this is my first preg. and I am really unsure of what actually affects my baby, and I have high blood pressure and diabetic. should i go see another dr or should i just not be so worried?
booter
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
HI mwjm86,

Try not to worry yourself too much. Do you have a MW? As you have high blood pressure and diabetes you and your baby should be monitored more closely by regular check ups etc and I assume you are on a specific diet with the diabetes? I take it that they are aware of the blood pressure and diabetes? I know someone that developed gestational diabetes and although she was given a specific diet to stick to, the pregnancy is going well.
As for the palpatations, don't worry about those, they are normal and your baby wouldn't even notice that you have them.
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:34 pm 
Post subject:
I had these but they do seem to have worn off now, they were horrible but I mainly had them when I laid down to go to sleep, some nights I tried to sleep sitting up. Hopefully yours will wear off soon.

Flossie xx

iky
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun congratulations. Im 6 weeks pregnant and have been experiancing palpitations which make me feel really faint. I was driving yesterday and kept thinking I mite have an accident cos my heart kept fluttering. Not to worry though all part of the package lol.xxx
Dev
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:42 am 
Post subject:
Don't worry. I get them all the time! I've been getting them since I was about 20 years old. They have gotten much worse in pregnancy, but I am still alive and so is the baby, so I'm sure all is well!
Dawnydoobs
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:52 pm 
Post subject: mwjm86
mwjm86, I'm sorry that man was not as understanding as he should have been. I think being pregnant you need more support and reassurance, I have noticed that my feelings are alot easier to hurt now that I'm pregnant.

Maybe if you go back to your GP and explain what happened and that you are still having concerns they can do something for you. Never stay silent if you are having worries or problems and don't feel afraid of peoples reactions. Your problems and worries matter.

Please keep us updated on your situation.

Sending many hugs.

x

mwjm86
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:23 pm 
Post subject: Thanks
Hey,
I first wanted to thank everyone who replied. Yes the doctors do have me on a very strict diet and on meds for my high blood pressure, I am really not having those heart flutters anymore and my doctor said that they are normal just like you all had said. I am very excited because also when I go back I am going to have an u/s and find out the sex of my baby! Again thanks to all that responded!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular