Post new topic Reply to topic
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 2313
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:25 pm 
Post subject: HELP!
My boyfriend is working and is on a low income wage and I had to give up work for personal reasons a year ago. How will we cope??

AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 4818
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
You can apply for working tax credits and child tax credits when baby comes. -
Do you rent? as you might be entitled to housing benefit/council tax benefit. Check your local council website for info/the form.
There's the sure start maternity grant - 500. You get this if you're on income support or if you have tax credits over a certain amount (i think 500 a yr). We weren't entitled till we'd had Imogen and our child tax credits had come through. You do have to apply before your child is 12wks old though. here's some info -
You'll also get the health in pregnancy grant 190 which your midwife gives you a form for after 25wks pregnant.
You'll get 20 a week child benefit.

There's a few things that should help you out. It can be really hard but you will always find a way. Hope this helps xx

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: