Missed miscarriage but still feel pregnant?

mango200
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:48 am 
Post subject: Missed miscarriage but still feel pregnant?
I had a litle bit of bleeding over the weekend so my midwife booked me into the EPAU yesterday for an early scan. Sadly, after much prodding and poking and silence, they couldn't find a heartbeat. This is my 2nd miscarriage and I can't stop crying. I would have been 11 weeks tomorrow. I'm booked in for 'medical management' on Friday and Sunday which I'm dreading. What makes it harder to accept is that the bleeding has stopped and I still feel pregnant-sore boobs, sick etc.
What's going on? Has anyone else had this? I can't bear the thought of what's going to happen this weekend
ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:34 am 
Post subject:
I am so sorry you are going through this hun - I had exactly the same but at 9 weeks.

The pg hormones are still in your system and I also still has pg symptoms such as sore boobs, weeing all the time, etc. I also has strong positive pg tests up until two weeks after the bleeding.

I know there is nothing I can say to make it easier but sending you a huge hug xxx

Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:20 pm 
Post subject:
I am so sorry this has happened to you and I can't imagine what you are going through. I just wanted to say I checked my book and it says when you misscarry sometimes the body doesn't realise it has happened till a week or 2 after so you can still have normal pregnancy symptoms.
Sending you hugs x x x
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
hi i'm so sorry to hear that-i miscarried 3 times last year and your body does take a while to get back to it's normal, the pregnancy hormones are still there. you must rememebr the body is complex and becoming pregnant you body goes through an awful lot of changes even if we don't see or feel them all.

Please don't worry too much about the medical mangement, i also had that-and it just feels like you are having strong period pains and when you go to the bathroom it will come out-soory don't know if you want to know-but at least you will know what to expect-it's not painful

also i would say once the week end is over, take a while to settle and stay positive, most people go on to have health babies-i had my first early scan yesterday and so far so good so please please don't give up.

my thoughts are with you

take care
1208julia
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
I'm so sorry for you and your oh... Crying or Very sad Take it easy and look after yourself.
x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular