Acupuncture while TTC after Miscarriage

ja43118
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:19 pm 
Post subject: Acupuncture while TTC after Miscarriage
All - just wanted to tell you that I have been struggling since my M/C at 7 weeks in Dec. I think I have dealt with the initial loss and disappointment - but have found myself not only obsessed with baby making but also worrying about what may happen if I do.

However, I had my first Acupuncture appointment on Friday and I feel great. My head is a lot clearer than it has been in months and I feel much more relaxed and looking forward to the future. I dont know if this will help with our conception - but it has certainly made me feel so much happier. Just started the treatment - but looking forward to my next sessions.

Good luck everyone - would love to hear from anyone who has had Acupuncture!

Joxxx
jenniP35
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
I've not heard of acupunture whilst trying to conceive but your post reminded me of a chat I had with a reflexolosist a few years ago who told me that she treated people for a whole host of things including couples who were TTC!!!

She worked wonders on my back Laughing
Tasha1985
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
Wat is acupuncture? where can i get it done and how does it help with TTC?
ja43118
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:59 pm 
Post subject:
Acupuncture is a chinese healing treatment where they use needles in various places to try and channel your energies or something like that. Anyway, I have heard of a lot of people who were having trouble conceiving going for Acupuncture and it working for them. I dont know if it just to relax you or what but it is worth investigating if you are looking for other routes.

All I know is that I have been really wound up mentally since M/C - constantly thinking about the whys and whatifs - and although I had dealt with the loss - was having problems getting past that point. I had my first treatment on Friday and spent the weekend in a floating daze. I slept like a log and we even had sex for fun last night (sorry - tmi!)

It maybe isnt right for everyone - but I am going to stick with it for now. You should be able to contact a local clinic and see if they can recommend anyone - or go into google and type in acupuncture and your area - and hopefully someone will be advertising.

Good luck
Jox
Tasha1985
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Jo, I'm definately going to try that. Even sleeping like a log sounds good to me! Managing to conceive would be a bonus! I'll let u know how I get on.
ja43118
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:15 pm 
Post subject:
I have found the weirdest thing about this is that I have spent the last three months - concentrating on getting to my time of the month - just to see if I am pregnant - and now I just want to get past my AF this month and see what she recommends after my four treatments. She thinks that after four treatments - one a week - that I will be able to calculate my ovulation times without stressing or worrying and hopefully things will happen then.

Stay in touch - and would love to hear what you think of it.

Jo x
cocos123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi Jo,

I'm very sorry about your m/c.

I'm 24 and have been ttc since June 2007. Since coming off the pill my periods have been very strange. Some months it was very light, and only 'normal' for one day. The last two months I've had a week of spotting before my period, and then my actual period lasts for 2-3 days, but my periods are usually this short anyway. Stressing about having a baby probably wasn't helping.

My friend had read an article about acupuncture, so I thought I'd give it a try. I started it 2 weeks ago, a few days after my last period, and I'm having a course of twelve sessions (number 3 is tomorrow). The acupuncturist says my hormones are out of balance and that it's probably due to being on the pill for a long time (about 5-6 years with a six month break about four years ago). I'm also taking these really horrible herbal teas, which are supposed to 'help with the toxins internally'. I'm not sure how beneficial these really are, but then its only been 2 weeks..

I don't know if it will help me to conceive, as we're not even sure that there's nothing wrong with either of us, but it has definitely helped me to relax about the whole thing. The first session felt really strange but the second session was much better, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's. I'm hoping that it will at least help to balance out my periods.

I assume you've had your second session by now, is it still going well?

V sorry for the v long post.

xx
ja43118
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:09 am 
Post subject:
Hi Cocos 123 - thanks for your post.

I had my second session last week and it is still going well. My head just seems to be a bit more sorted more than anything else - I seem to have an inner calm now which means I am sleeping better and not thinking so much. I have 2 more sessions and then she will start me on herbal supplements too she says to try and correct my chi! I dont really understand a lot of what is happening - but it works so I aint complaining.

I am sure you feel the same - but you just need to do something. You are so helpless in this TTC game - you do everything you are supposed to, right times, positions etc but nothing and then told to relax.

I did a negative test last night so felt really down and kept crying. I thought I had undone all the good of my acupuncture - but I feel much more positive this morning, and not nearly as depressed as I usually do. Hopefully, after my AF my acupuncturist can help through the whole cycle and fingers crossed.

Good luck to you - and stay in touch if you need to. I know how lonely this whole experience can be - so am more than happy to hear from anyone who wants to have a moan, ask questions (hope I can answer them).

Jo x
cocos123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
I know what you mean, I don't really understand it either but it feels good, especially after a long day at work!

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular