CSA Backpay??

EmAndMike
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:06 pm 
Post subject: CSA Backpay??
Hi, does anyone know about CSA?

Basically, my fiance had a letter yesterday from CSA basically begging him to get in contact, so he did. And basically when his daughter was first handed over to him by her mother 3 years ago, income support automatically opened a CSA case up but didn't tell him! ...since then, he has moved and changed his name etc hence the case has been open all this time but he's received no payments etc. They said yesterday that he'll be entitled to 3 years backpayment of approx. 20 a week (which works out about 3 grand). What i'm wondering is how this would be paid? They haven't yet got the full details of the case from his ex-wife etc and we can't imagine she's going to hand that amount of money over so how does it work? Do we get paid 5 extra a week or so for the next 10 years or will the CSA use Secretary or State money to pay the backpayment and then settle the debt with the ex-wife through court or something?

Would just like to know for peace of mind really as a whole sum backpayment would be nice because it would pay for my fiance's vasectomy reversal but nothings ever that easy!
HohLee
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
i got the whole sum backdated xx
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
wow. Fingers crossed then!! Thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular