how old is too old?????????

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:27 pm 
Post subject: how old is too old?????????
hey all

I just thought i'd redress the balance! I'm just turned 40 have 2 kids 13 and 10 and am ttc at the mo. I have talked to a couple of you guys who are in the same boat as me. Just wondered wot you all think about us (hate to say it) older ladies having babies?????

Helz xx
amysmum96
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:03 am 
Post subject:
hi im nearly 33 mt daughter is nearly 12 i feel im at the older end of the scale this time round im with a new partner of 7 yrs, was on my own with my daughter from when she was 3 months old...... when i met my partner i did state i ddint want anymore children which he accepted but since last summer somthing changed in me and we both decided we would like to try so we are and im 4 days from testing.. my daughter is 100% with us on this and she as well as us are looking forward to getting pg if we can xxxxxxxx
jenniP35
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:08 am 
Post subject:
Hi

I'm 36 my partner is 38 and we are trying for our first. Lots of my friends are also 'older' mums and they have pretty much sailed through the pregnacies. Are you asking physically how old is too old? We're certainly at a disadvantage in terms of fertility but I'm sure a lot of us are financially and emotionally in a better position than younger parents. That's not to say we'll be any better at it. I think everyone who chooses to brings a child into the world has something special to offer.
Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:45 am 
Post subject:
was just a general question. I don't feel too old I have a friend who is 41 and pregnant also know quite a few older mums. My husband is 30 (lucky me) we have been together 12 years I already had a daughter who was 2 when we met. we went on to have another daughter who is now 10. I ended up having an emergency c section with her (2nd c section by the way) my uterus ruptured just before I was ready to push!!!! Hence the big gap!! All of a sudden I have been yearning to have another baby. My hubby would love another one so we are ttc!! Fingers crossed it works. I have already had a chat with the doc that delivered my last daughter(I work in the hospital so know them on a professional basis) she said they would have to do a c section at 37 weeks. I really want this to happen so everyone keep everything crossed for me eh! Smile

Helz xx
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:55 am 
Post subject:
Good luck Helz. Well i am nearly 35. My DH nearly 36. Our children neraly 10 and 8. My DH didnt want more children unlike me, but then nov last year he changed his mind big time. Well as you may have read in other forums I have recently lost our baby at 6+ weeks to an ectopic pregnancy. We will never forget but are eager to be at the ttc stage again. I think having older children means they can appreciate their new sibling. My 2 have been very sad about our loss, but are also keen for us to have a sibling when the time is right. Lots of my friends are older than me with children the same age as mine. They say they couldnt go through having more children now but I very excited for us. So hopefully one day. Good Luck. Pupx
Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Pup

I'm sorry for your loss must have been awful. Funny isn't it I assumed with a name like Pup you were a baby yourself ha ha! Anyway lets hope in the near future we will both be comparing our pregnancies together!

Helz xx
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Helz. Its an old nickname that has just stuck and I knew it was a name I would not forget Embarassed Thanks for you thoughts. i still think about my baby everyday, and sure I always will. But getting stronger and must think of my other two children and the future. It would be good to share pregnancy stories in the future. Lets look forward to that and be positive. Take care Pup Smile x
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies - Am sure I have spoken to most of you at some point but thought I would add to this thread, I am 40, 2 children 1 daughter aged 15, son aged 12. 2 m/c in last 8 months and here I am again!!!! Have to say I did not have a problem in falling pregnant (I am thanking my lucky stars for that) but this pregnancy is really hard work, I do have an ovarian cyst which isnt helping but I have been so tired, have suffered with all day/night nausea without actually being sick and have put on about 10 lbs as the only thing that stops me feeling sick is to constantly eat Rolling Eyes I dont know if my age has contributed to me feeling like rubbish but my GP told me yesterday that my body is probably in shock and it takes it toll on older ladies, he also said I should start to feel better soon...thank the lord. Neverthless I am looking forward to being an older mum and I have a fantastic partner who cannot wait to have this baby - he is younger than me 33 (lucky me too)...

Take care and good luck everyone, Flossie xx

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi back to you all!

Yes pup I think we will share some pregnancy stories v soon!!

Flossie - you and I seem to have more and more in common every time I read your posts! Lets hope I can get pregnant as quick as you Smile

Helz xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular